Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my name is logan i drive a 2006 eclipse GS that is completely stock. im running about 113000 miles on it so its been around and i know things are going to start coming apart.
so today i hit 6k rpm in first (trying to not get hit by this old woman) and felt and heard something come loose underneath me. so now my car has a funny whine to it whenever i apply power and when i hit 3k rpm i can feel my shifter shaking.
im thinking that the issue is somewhere in the tranny or the clutch, but i dont have any other problems shifting. it feels a bit sluggish but it might just be me scared to get on it at all. my friends mentioned something about a bearing that kept a shaft inbetween the clutch and the transmission from moving freely that i thought sounded like something to looki into.
sorry guys im more of a engine guy the drivertrain thing is kinda foggy to me still so any links into how it works all together would be nice info or just any thoughts that i can try.

i appreciate any time spent towards this and cant wait to fix my babeh up.

·
See ya losers delete acct
326 Posts
when is the last time the timing belt was changed? Should be coming up on your second one soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said gents it's a transmission or clutch issue maybe somewhere Inbetween. I keep constant upkeep on the care with the manufacturers recommendations in the manual. Anyone have something better or a good 4g eclipse look at how the clutch and tranny operate?

·
Crazy Driver
110 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts