Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Not Quite OG
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm fishin for some ideas to give it a little somethin extra. I dont want crazy off the wall ideas er anything. My plans for the car is a fun street car, not a race car not a show car. I get enough compliments as it is from everyone that sees it. :ndance:

I like tasteful modifications. Like if I was to get a carbon fiber hood I'd body match paint it. Clean cut tastefulness.

So with that said. Any recommendations? I've had one say to black out the ring for the fog lamps, but then I was thinkin that might look kinda silly next to the black housing headlamps. So maybe leave the ring silver, take apart the foglamp itself and black out the housing.

Nothing crazy just little tiny touch up ideas like that would be welcome. Free reign on any ideas!! (Just don't tell me to put stickers on it.... jesus no please dont)

·
Mr. Offensive
6,708 Posts
I say you black our your front bumper and the rear center portion of your lip.

·
Not Quite OG
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say you black our your front bumper and the rear center portion of your lip.
Thought about that too, If I used plastidip would that peel right off the paint? Cause I do plan on getting the E4E carbon bumper cover and carbon front lip.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Debadge it

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thought about that too, If I used plastidip would that peel right off the paint? Cause I do plan on getting the E4E carbon bumper cover and carbon front lip.
No it will not peel the paint. Plasti dip is removable with no damage to the paint.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Needs a bottom grill insert. They are at ACI.

I haven't done this, but I love the halo headlights at ACI. I'll be getting to that soon. Not sure if I go clear, gloss black, or matte black. Halo fogs are a nice touch too.

·
Be afraid...very afraid!!
3,233 Posts
a rear spoiler delete for the little booger under your wing would help ,in your color tho

·
Not Quite OG
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In order of posts:
Debadged? hmm... does that include all the lettering all around or just the emblem?

Yes, I Do want the bottom grill. I did the glass black headlights. Its a glossy bubbly car, so I embrace it, matte tends to hide curves and contrasts. Halo the fogs... hmm. If I did that that'd be cool against a black inside housing, it'd match the headlamps. Just not sure what to do about the bezel.

Definitely want to get the 'spoiler' cover. Yes. Paint matched. I feel if I did it in carbon, it'd take away from the carbon wing. Also I'll be getting the carbon exhaust shield.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Don't remove the emblem. Then your stuck with two holes. Just remove the lettering.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Why get a carbon hood then color match? Unless you are doing it for a different style/look. But, then you do not have to go carbon fiber, you can also look at fiberglass. I'd look at lowering some, paint your calipers, CAI.

·
Not Quite OG
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A carbon hood stands out a lot. WAY high contrast. Goin for a nice look, not too loud.

(Already lowered w/ H Techs, already CAI, already Tanabe Axleback)

Is the weight savings the same between carbon and fiberglass?

Hmm... not a bad idea on just the lettering. Yeah all the little mods for exterior i want is exactly small detail things.

Ultimate goal for this car is for people to say "Wow, nice car man..." Call me crazy but I DON'T want "DAMN BAD ASS CAR BRO!!" I want to impress not distract.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Why get a carbon hood then color match? Unless you are doing it for a different style/look. But, then you do not have to go carbon fiber, you can also look at fiberglass. I'd look at lowering some, paint your calipers, CAI.
Going with a black hood doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, but I'd color match to maintain the look of the car, while getting rid of some pesky rusted paint chips in my existing hood, and shedding some pounds.

I'm not on a weight-loss campaign with my car, but it would be a nice benefit nonetheless.

·
Not Quite OG
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Exactly. I HATE HOW SOFT A PAINT MITSU USED!!! I keep finding gripes and complaints from other mitsu sites that the generation from like 2006+ (new eclipse new outlander and such) that although the paint looks great, its soft and the tiniest of hits will fuck it up!! GRAH!!

Half tempted to key my car just to claim insurance get a repaint and ask the painter to mix more enamel into it. But I love her too much to do that.... If only I were a lesser man...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Bigger wheels with nice stance.
Tint the tail lights and spoiler.
Color match the fuel door.

Just my .02

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Have you thought about blacking out the roof like the later 4Gb models? I'd also think about painting your tails. Normally I'd say to paint them black, then do a black spoiler delete, but that might be too high of a contrast in a highly visible area for you. At least the roof isn't too in your face.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts