Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2009 Eclipse GS / MT Just got the car back after a transmission replacement. At the shop, I noticed the unlock/lock feature on the car key was not working. Car started normally and the drive home uneventful. Thinking I had bad 1620 battery in the ignition key, I went ahead and replaced it. However, once I tried again the unlock/lock feature - nothing. Inserting the key in the ignition and turning, all dash lights illuminate as well as the windows work. Turn to start, the engine cranks but will not start. I'm aware that the key has a transponder that talks to the ECM but the question is, is the ECM receiving the transponder signal if the engine dash lights and accessories are working prior to cranking the engine? Basically trying to eliminate the ignition key as the problem when the car is returned to the repair shop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2009 Eclipse GS / MT Just got the car back after a transmission replacement. At the shop, I noticed the unlock/lock feature on the car key was not working. Car started normally and the drive home uneventful. Thinking I had bad 1620 battery in the ignition key, I went ahead and replaced it. However, once I tried again the unlock/lock feature - nothing. Inserting the key in the ignition and turning, all dash lights illuminate as well as the windows work. Turn to start, the engine cranks but will not start. I'm aware that the key has a transponder that talks to the ECM but the question is, is the ECM receiving the transponder signal if the engine dash lights and accessories are working prior to cranking the engine? Basically trying to eliminate the ignition key as the problem when the car is returned to the repair shop.
This may sound crazy but check your key fob.. Make sure the battery is installed correctly.. Long story but this was my issue one time... Let me know!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This may sound crazy but check your key fob.. Make sure the battery is installed correctly.. Long story but this was my issue one time... Let me know!
I replaced my battery and put it in upside down and it wasnt getting the correct connection so it failed to start the car.. I had to reopen the Key and put the pieces back in the right way and viola! The car started

1 - 3 of 3 Posts