Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ricer
2009 BMW 3-Series 335i Coupe
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Was drifting driving on a dirt road and without damaging the car slid into a ditch. Was at about a 70 degree angle facing the ditch for around 30 minutes before I was pulled out. Car runs great, sort of. No problems at all driving and cosmetically looks the same, but I noticed my car gets a tad bit hotter now than it used to in very little time. The temp gauge doesn't go over halfway at any point in driving and my radiator isn't cracked. Did I somehow lose some fluid and get some air in there? I'm only assuming this because air can obviously get heated in minutes and my temp gauge goes up to about halfway after driving for around 10 minutes. Again, it doesn't pass halfway, but it's concerning since it happens so quick in freezing temperatures.

-Zach

·
Registered
707 Posts
I know mine does not have air in it and mit gets up to temp in freezing weather in less than 10 min. So i dont know what to tell you lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Basically Stock
5,855 Posts
Very easily there could be air in the cooling system after that.

Also check your spark plugs, they may be oily, and depending on how long the engine ran, you may have had the oil that was collected in the top of the motor under pressure and bypass seals not meant for seeing a solid mass of oil.

Could also need an oil and coolant change

Air in the cooling system leads to overheating though. Drastic overheating. Use an OBD gauge and see what your coolant temp actually is

·
2,161 Posts
In really cold weather my temp gauge doesn't reach the normal "a little under halfway" mark that it does when it is summer

·
Ricer
2009 BMW 3-Series 335i Coupe
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point I am getting nervous because I'm not sure if my temp gauge is just faulty.. I should have been more clear when I was explaining-After 10 minutes, my temp gauge sits at exactly halfway and doesn't move no matter how long the car is sitting and running.
Keep in mind, it's absolutely freezing over here in Michigan. I almost got a little frostbite on my hand after walking around in Ann Arbor for my work for around 5 minutes.
The gauge turns on and off upon ignition of course, but it's just a concern. As for the fans kicking on, I used to be able to clearly tell if they were on or not (because their f*ckin loud), but that was before I got a muffler delete and 2 12" Kenwoods. I will have to listen specifically for it now, so I'll let you know. I know that they forsure kicked on before because I complained often about how loud it was.

I'm going to replace the coolant and oil just for safe measures. As soon as I went in the ditch I killed the ignition. In total, while in the ditch, I had the car on for 15 seconds.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mine is the same way and it gets to 193°F in 5 min while on my drive into work at an average of 60mph at aroun 9°f outside

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts