Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The "Touring" Eclipse
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I filled up my tank which i have been calculating for a while and have consistently been getting 21 mpg around town with cai etc, and I took a run down to norfolk and got a very very nice surprise. 28 mpg on the dot. I went 400 miles exact on the odomotor/trip when i fueled up. This car is very nice and should never be looked down upon. only haters hate about the best bang for your buck. <3 mitsubishi

·
Much Parts, Little Money.
1,772 Posts
With 16 gallons, I go 430 miles. Its like 25. Something...or something. And that's to school and back with a little play.

Sent from my DROID2

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I still can't understand how you guys are getting 400+ :runaway: I'm usually in the 300 range and that's with normal driving!!

·
Willow Spring Racer
378 Posts
When I was 100% stock w/ a drop-in k&n filter, I got about 31mpg going from wichita falls, tx to phoenix, az which is about 1000 miles...i was definitely happy about that

·
1,772 Posts
When I was 100% stock w/ a drop-in k&n filter, I got about 31mpg going from wichita falls, tx to phoenix, az which is about 1000 miles...i was definitely happy about that
Thats highway strictly. Were talking avg. ;)

Haha next refill i'll post a pic of my tach trip a set to zero, my tank with about 16.2 gallons, and a pic of the light on (refuel time!) And miles.

Sent from my DROID2

·
Willow Spring Racer
378 Posts
Oh my bad lol I still think 31 highway is pretty good since the gt is only rated at 28 highway...

·
1,772 Posts
Oh my bad lol I still think 31 highway is pretty good since the gt is only rated at 28 highway...
Yeah it is! I never thought our cars would get 30. I'd probably get 28. Just because i'd race some suckas. ;P

Sent from my DROID2

·
2,975 Posts
I think the GT is only rated at 25 for highway.

I have only gotten 400 miles on one tank once before. But I don't do a lot of highway driving so my usual is about 320 per tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts