Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of research (mostly on here) I have decided to keep my build N/A with a shot of N2O. Was planning on pulling the head off to do some mild exhaust porting. I was wondering if it was possible to get a cheap compression increase by milling the head down? Or would that cause valvetrain interference issues? I'm aware this is an interference engine as is. Planning on running an RPW stage 2 cam w/ their recommended springs and cam gear. Will also be installing head studs while the head is off. This is a budget build so trying not to touch the stock bottom end. Looking for a compression ratio of about 11:1. Is this doable by milling or are pistons my only safe option?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,038 Posts
Pistons are your only viable option

You won't get the amount of head material removed to make a meaningful difference before you need pistons with valve reliefs.

If you're handy, you'll make 340whp for about $2500 with boost and thrifty buying of lightly used components.

One budget part you may wish to consider is a 4G63 intake manifold. They can be modified to fit with not much effort. I noticed an improvement in my build, holding torque up a bit past 7000rpm. That said, I've got bottom end work done. But it'll still inrpove top end of the Rev range performance, giving horsepower.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts