Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Sabertooth^2 
#1 ·
Hey guys, haven't been on this site in a while, but after asking around on the threads, I was recommended an Injen CAI for my 2006 Eclipse GT. You hear different claims, and people stating that they did get those claims or did not, but I am happy to report that the Injen CAI I just installed in working beautifully! Now, I'm not car-savvy at all...I can do the bare minimum to keep a car running - changing oil, spark plugs, filters, stuff like that. I've never performed an actual "install" of anything.

This being my first install on any vehicle, it was pretty easy, came with vehicle-specific instructions with pictures, but it's designed so well to fit the vehicle that most of it was basic common sense after I removed the old, restrictive intake system. I can easily feel a 15-20HP gain from this mod. Engine response is incredible, and at around 3,750RPM and up, the engine sounds great. It's amazing what being able to take a proper "breath" can do for an engine. Sound is great, response is awesome and I notice that now when I have my pedal down at the specific intervals that I've learned to press it in order to maintain speed limit (when I'm feeling like a law obeying citizen...), I'm actually going around 10 MPH faster than I was previous to the install. So, much less throttle input gives me easily-accessible speed.

It's also great cruising with the driver's window down a bit and hearing the whistle of the intake sucking in massive amounts of air into the throttle body. It almost sounds like a little turbo spooling up. It's obvious to me that this upgrade is just that - an upgrade. Well worth the $200-$300 I spent on it. The kit also allows for a short ram setup as well, but the whole point is to get that cool air from outside the engine compartment, so spend that extra 10 or so minutes putting on the rest to make it the full length CAI. Hope this helps any noobies out there. Enjoy!
~Sov

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you're enjoying it. Injen is a top-tier brand when it comes to intakes. Their stuff is quality

Though to be fair, a 10-20hp gain from an intake alone is a little optimistic. It'll actually be closer to 1-2hp, but the sound generated above MIVEC might convince you you're making more power. You won't see any truly noticable gains until you complete your bolt-ons and go for a tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.