Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  njdevilsfan427 
#1 · (Edited)
ordered my Injen exhaust last week and installed it the other day. so glad to get my old rusted shit exhaust outa there and this nice new shiny one installed. the sound is great however i was expecting it to be slightly louder. im sure thatll change once i do my headers. as far as performance i can definitely feel a difference. my buddy that helped me with it was sure impressed lol. right from when we opened the box till we got it installed and still when i see him he says, "damn your exhaust is so nice".

on the way to the shop the day i installed it the ses light came on before i got there so i checked that before doing any work and it was the P0057 code. next day after work i went and got a new o2 sensor so im going to be installing that this week and hopefully that'll fix it. if not i'm probably just going to gut the cats till i can get the cash to get my headers. it only took probably 15-30 min to install, quick and easy. i was expecting every bolt to break from how badly rusted it was however only 1 bolt broke.

here are a couple pics. might try to get a video up later however i only have a cell phone so wont be the best quality lol

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It trully is an amazing addition to our cars :D i had mine installed 3 weeks ago, and i got my RRE headers installed two days ago. MY GOD is amazing. The sound is incredible and the power gain is phenomenal! Trust me, GET THE HEADERS. Well worth all the money i spent. Ill have to try and post a video sometime soon on here to show you guys what i mean haha

#8 ·
Ill have to try and post a video sometime soon on here to show you guys what i mean haha

Dude, i def need a video of the RRE with injen!

The Injen is an incredible piece that i seriously get compliments on without people even hearing it.

The car just feels more fluid with it

#6 ·
Did the spring bolts at the down pipe come out without breaking? The stealership broke one of mine when they replaced the cat during the recall and when I pulled my exhaust the other one broke.

Unfortunately when the dealership replaced the bolt they broke they just put a regular bolt and nut. Do these need to be the spring ones or can I just put a regular bolt and nuts on it?

#7 ·
I didn't have to take out the spring bolts.. Not sure why you would have to. As far as them having to be spring bolts or not I'm not sure, don't have that kind of experience or knowledge. I would assume so since that's what was installed factory.

#9 · (Edited)
#10 ·
in regards to my SES light..

so ive been running a little over a week now with this light on and my gas mileage is absolutely horrible. i had a full tank before this light came on and before i installed my exhaust. now, i have a little over a quarter tank and ive gone just over 100 miles since i filled it up. i know with the exhaust i should be gettin a little worse mpg, however im almost certain its not supposed to be THIS bad. anyone have any ideas? i wanted to wait and get my headers done but this mpg is ridiculous.

also speaking of headers, i have been looking for a couple days trying to find video on how the obx LTs sound with the injen exhaust. ive read that they make the car very loud which i dont want cuz its my dd. also i really dont feel like doing a lot of cutting and welding of a $700 exhaust system however if i have to i will. so if anyone can post a video of this set up that would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.