Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching I could only find this post: http://club4g.org/board/car-care-detailing-shine/34446-interior-imperfections.html

I don't know if a spray will hold it down long enough for it to dry and stay in place. I tried to pop it back in, but it just pops right back out not giving a single ***k exactly back to how it is in the pictures below. >,<

It is happening on my new used 2011 GS Eclipse Sport. The dealership wants to replace the whole piece for $900USD and $1600USD total for install and the part, that is out right a rip off. Does anyone have any ideas? Even if I use the spray what or how would I hold it down till the spray dries?

I think this is the 3M spray they are talking about in the post above: LINK: 3M Spray Adhesive, 24 Oz - Spray Adhesives - 3MA18|Foam Fast 74 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Thank you for any feedback, I really love my new car. It is a fine replacement for my 2004 RS Eclipse!

·
NecK BreaKeR
125 Posts
I have the same problem in my 06 Eclipse GT, I was going to go to the dealership and see what they could do for it but 1600$USD for parts+labor is a lot. I have just tried popping it back into the dash and that works on my passenger side alright, it pops out every now and then but i just pop it back into the dash. However on my drivers side to the left of the steering wheel, no matter how hard i try it will not go back into the dash. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Superglue gel, can buy it at walmart, it works trust me, just put it on and hold it in place for about a min and no more dash popping up
Be careful not to use too much -- It can and will melt the foam underneath the vinyl if you over-do it.

- Evan

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used 3M spray adhesive on mine -- but I took the pad out of the car so I could prep it (spray both sides, let them get tacky etc.). If you get the super-heavy-duty spray meant for foam it holds up pretty well.

I haven't had any problems in ~ 1year -- but I keep the girl's feet off the dash now. I'm pretty sure that's what killed it in the first place.

- Evan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2011 eclipse also.. just noticed my dash popping up yesterday.. looking at clear gorilla glue epoxy instead of super glue gel. Hope it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing here...

I have a 2011 Eclipse GT and the same thing started happening to my dash a couple years ago. Dealership quoted $1,500 for repair. I brought it to an automotive upholstery place and whatever they did only lasted about 20 minutes. I tried using superglue and some super strong fabric shoe glue but it just popped right back out. Any tips or tricks that FOR SURE work?

·
1,975 Posts
I have a 2011 Eclipse GT and the same thing started happening to my dash a couple years ago. Dealership quoted $1,500 for repair. I brought it to an automotive upholstery place and whatever they did only lasted about 20 minutes. I tried using superglue and some super strong fabric shoe glue but it just popped right back out. Any tips or tricks that FOR SURE work?
Hobby grade Cyanoacrylate super glue is required, worked for me, dash has been down with it for 4 years

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Grade-Cyanoacrylate-Glue-Masters/dp/B00WHEM0UA?th=1

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try using 3m panel bond adhesive it’s the product collision shops use to glue panels on instead of welding the stuff is extremely strong and works on all types of surfaces

1 - 18 of 18 Posts