Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Caleb
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, it's winter time and it bothers me that I can't keep my exterior clean with all the snow and this being my daily driver! I figured I could show some care to the interior of my car until this season passes. I have a list of a few things that need some attention.

My Dash
I remember seeing something like this a while back, didn't know what to call it so I can't search it. So hopefully it was something we found a solution to.
The foam piece that goes clear across the dash is starting to pop up on both sides, I tried a fabric adhesive back in the summer but it wouldn't hold at all. Any idea on how to put this back where it belongs?

Sunroof Headliner
Just like the dash, I tried to apply fabric adhesive to hold it back on. It didn't work, I think that's the best solution though. Maybe I need to try a different brand of product?

Leather Seats
I had a pair of pants with a metal button that scratched my seat, I've seen lots of scratch repair how-to's. Ill have to check those out, any preferred products?

Vents
My passenger vent is broken, I know how to fix it but not how to pop it out of the dash? Lol, so without me breaking it does it just pull out with some pressure applied?

Shifter Dock?
Lol, the silver piece around my shifter was scratched pretty bad when I was installing my AUX cord, is there a way to buff out scratches in plastic?

I plan on posting pictures to help you guys understand some of the areas im talking about, nothing major just looking for some advice on the best way to fix some of these problems. Thanks!

·
Cherry Bomb
375 Posts
3m makes a spray adhesive that is super badass. Might want to try it for the dash and headliner. The plastic is probably screwed around the shifter, maybe just paint it. The leather is probably also screwed, and any leather fix will get by a casual observer, but you will always know its there, and upon closer inspection will probably still look bad. The vent is fairly easy, just need to pop the plastic ring around it off, and then it will come out. I don't mean to discourage you, but sometimes if you want it perfect, you just have to get a new one.

·
Caleb
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll try the 3M spray next, I also read that maybe hot clue would work? As for the vents, I opened it up and it is broken off on the inside. Maybe I can rig something up.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Only thing wrong with my interior is the stupid rear view mirror. With the bass loud it falls so I can see the back seat lol. And the wires are loose so my auto dimming doesn't work unless I play with the wire plug in and leave the music off lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts