Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2009 & 2012 GT owner
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I have a 2012 Eclipse GT, fully loaded. Even though I bought it in brand new at a dealership back in 2012, it's got less than 11k miles.

That doesn't mean I haven't read the manual cover to cover many times in those years. It just means that I didn't need to drive it as often as most people do because I worked from home for years.

I use the other car most of the time and I really need to face facts and sell it, (the Eclipse), but I can't seem to allow myself to let it go.

If I can keep from talking myself out of selling it again, I'll be looking for $9K, (firm). Anyway, that's another story.

In all the time that I owned this car, (and even when I owned my 2009 GT), I never tried to figure out how to keep the headlights from turning on when I start the darn thing!:(

Does anyone know how to do that? I mean, not only keep them off when I start it, but I don't want them on anytime I'm driving except when I turn them on from the switch.

I don't know if it can be done but then, that's why I'm asking.
Thanks,
Rich

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,058 Posts
It definitely can be done, I've done it to mine too. It's a pin in the ECU in the fuse box. If you dig around on here you should be able to find it. I can't find any pictures that are still live.

If needed, I can take a picture on the 15th. I won't be able to before then unfortunately

·
2009 & 2012 GT owner
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!
I'll look it up, because I think I may have come upon something about that "pin" in a related post elsewhere online. I didn't read too much of it because the topic was related to replacing the headlights with LED, non-OEM, lights. I figured it was a modification meant for that specific type of LED beam.

I'll go back and see what it was all about but if I recall, they were speaking about bending away one of the pins of the light's connectors.

You'd think Mitsubishi would have made it a little easier to do, (such as a switch or at least, a switch sequence procedure) to change the status mode of the lights.

I mean, they went through the trouble of placing a kill switch in the parking break so that the lights wouldn't turn on when the car was started, so long as the P-break was engaged before you turned the key.

I don't know... Maybe it's me, but arranging, designing and manufacturing, a switch and system like that for the parking break/headlight kill system, seems unnecessarily complicated, than if they would have simply included an additional switch position for it in the headlight "On/Off" switch system:twak:.
Thanks again,
Rich

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up doing this mod as well. Some people have experienced different results so make sure if you push the pin down not to go too far where you can’t retrieve it. My DRL delete caused my low beams to stop working altogether but I’m running HIDs so I have a workaround.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,058 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts