Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just sealed the deal for the 2012 eclipse as my first car and am happy to join the community!
Now I have some questions about getting it run smooth. It needs a new transmission and I found one with 40k miles from the 2011 eclipse on a junkyard, it should work, right? Also mechanic said it needs a timing belt and water pump changed. I found an original belt but there are kits with a 3rd party water pump and belt with all other mounts and stuff. which is the better option?
Thanks in the advance!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
As long as it's the same engine in the other car, and matches auto or manual to yours, they all are the same.

As for timing, I use Gates kits, never had an issue. I wouldn't use an "original" belt, as it's such old stock it's likely ready for the garbage can, plus the original belts were a 6 year belt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as it's the same engine in the other car, and matches auto or manual to yours, they all are the same.

As for timing, I use Gates kits, never had an issue. I wouldn't use an "original" belt, as it's such old stock it's likely ready for the garbage can, plus the original belts were a 6 year belt
Thanks, man! should I get the kit with the belt and water pump? If so, do you have any resources I can buy it for the best price?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts