Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all. Bought a 2007 GS almost 2 years ago. Like the car a lot, although spending around $2000/year repairs/upkeep which is more than I thought it would be. 100000miles when I bought it, now has 112000miles.
I'm Jack.

·
2,858 Posts
Yeah I was about to say, how in the world are you spending that much on this car for general maintenance?!?

I mean when you first get a high mileage used one I understanding taking care of all of the major maintenance, timing belt kit, water pump, spark plugs, serpentine belt, air filter, all fluids, brakes, tires, addressing any diagnostic codes, etc. but once you have all of those initial fixes done; the car is pretty much trouble free aside from oil changes...

Knock on wood/Mitsubishi lol, but these cars are actually very reliable and simple for a modern car, almost the golden era of ICE cars if you will, not too complex, not too old, easy to diagnose, reliable, well designed, and not designed with planned obsolescence in mind

·
Registered
2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
2 Posts
Can anyone help me please? I've got a 2005 Eclipse Spyder convertible just got it earlier this year and I have to use the key manually to open the trunk. There is a trunk lever inside the car but it doesn't seem to work or make a pop sound. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Also, I don't have the original keyless entry key the owner gave me a copied one. Looking to see if I should go to the dealer and get one with the remote key or just get an alarm installed so I can get a remote fob. o_O

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,384 Posts
Can anyone help me please? I've got a 2005 Eclipse Spyder convertible just got it earlier this year and I have to use the key manually to open the trunk. There is a trunk lever inside the car but it doesn't seem to work or make a pop sound. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Also, I don't have the original keyless entry key the owner gave me a copied one. Looking to see if I should go to the dealer and get one with the remote key or just get an alarm installed so I can get a remote fob. o_O
Try Club3g. This forum isn't about that car, and it's not a shared platform. There, and Sebring forums would be useful for you.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts