Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me get this outta the way first. We own a 3G and 4G with their own little set of problems, but this problem is on a 2006 International 9400i. I'm posting the question here because I've seen some really helpful answers and solutions on the site. I'm installing aftermarket marker lights/blinkers. I spliced into the oem wires, which run to a 3157 socket. Today I got 2 load resistors and installed them. I have 2 wires- white, yellow and brown. I spliced into the brown which is ground, and yellow which is the signal light. White runs to marker/ constant power. Before I put the load resistors on, I had marker lights and flashers, but no turn signals. After installing the resistors, I have running lights, flashers, and signals BUT, the signals will not flash when the marker lights are turned on. All 3 functions will work individually, but being on a commercial vehicle, I'm kinda required to have everything working properly. I've tried swapping the wires around and their definitely correct. What am I missing or not doing right for the turn signals to stop when the running lights are switched on? It's also showing a bulb burnout on the dash display when it does this. Would taking the resistors off and swapping for a no load flasher fix it?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Asphalt Electrical wiring Gas

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
I can't tell from your pictures, but be sure the resistor is wired in parallel, tapping into the flasher circuit and a ground. It's POSSIBLE it's seeing feedback from the flashers at the ground where a computer watches for resistance values to know if a bulb is burned out, in which case a fix may be to give the resistor a chassis ground

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pic was taken prior to installing the resistors. Update - chassis ground turned out to be the problem after all. I just touch tested it and it worked correctly. I'll try to finish permanent installation tomorrow and get updated pics. Thanks so much for the help and advice! Sure enough had me scratching my head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts