Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone elses absolutley hate lifter tick. I think there is a little more than lifter tick in this video.

Are the stock lash adjusters 1mm or 3mm in the 6g75?

If they are 1mm I plan on getting new 3mm ones if they are 3mm I plan on pulling and deep cleaning.

https://youtu.be/Jh9EDeyxeMI

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, that's how mine sounds now, after I did the valve adjustment and fresh 5w-20 oil. It didn't before but did after. It sounds awful, kinda like my tractor. But it runs great so, I'll live with it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah, that's how mine sounds now, after I did the valve adjustment and fresh 5w-20 oil. It didn't before but did after. It sounds awful, kinda like my tractor. But it runs great so, I'll live with it.

Idk you guys are bothered by that. To me that gives me a peace of mind is working good lol I adjusted mine but gonna adjust them again. Either way I also use this OBD Bluetooth thing and my iPhone to keep an eye on things like STFT,LTFT,ECT,IATs,BARO,MAP, Etc. I keep an eye on all those when driving around town and when driving about 50 miles of straight highway and it seems to be in the really great running engine range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am sure the technology is different, but back working on small block Chevys it was a good sound to hear, for it to be a little loose and not tight. Allowed the engine to be more responsive *shrugs*. I know mine is close to spec. The only reason I say close to spec is because, in the valve adjustment, it says to be .008 when the engine is warm. Well is was cold the day I did it. So .008 when it's warm == what when it's cold? Donno. Like you Vic, I'll re-check the adjustment soon. But it right now it runs great (and loose).

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lifter tick on newer vehicals is usaly caused by lash adjusters comming in full contact with the rocker. This should be protected by oil comming out of the lash adjusters.

Usaly this is caused by not enough oil from oil being too thick or to thin or the lash adjuster not being clean.

In our case mitsubishi put 1mm lash adjusters in i dont remember what engines they did that in so i might have to pull one and check it.

Can be fixed by either running a different oil ( which fixed it for me durring the winter ) but if we have the 1 mm swapping out for the 3mm will help and get more oil to the rocker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lifter tick on newer vehicals is usaly caused by lash adjusters comming in full contact with the rocker. This should be protected by oil comming out of the lash adjusters.

Usaly this is caused by not enough oil from oil being too thick or to thin or the lash adjuster not being clean.

In our case mitsubishi put 1mm lash adjusters in i dont remember what engines they did that in so i might have to pull one and check it.

Can be fixed by either running a different oil ( which fixed it for me durring the winter ) but if we have the 1 mm swapping out for the 3mm will help and get more oil to the rocker.

So its getting cold here in MN and today I noticed some lifter tick sound from my 3.8. From google I've learned I need to replace my flash adjusters

But

Are you telling me Its possible I might just need to use some thicker oil during the winter and be all good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts