Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am looking for Mitsubishi part# 1003A024 "Cover Assembly, Eng, Upper for 3.8 V6" which is the black plastic engine cover shown in the picture. Every place I called or emailed said they don't have it, or can't get it. I called and emailed dealerships all over the United States. They all gave me the same answer: can't get it! Mitsubishi discontinued this part and no one seems to have it in stock. I know it's only a pretty piece of plastic. But it makes all the difference. I have two 4G Eclipses: one in the picture is 2007 and a 2009 that's missing it! If anyone has one and is willing to sell it, please DM me. Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
48 Posts
I do not. I may have a solution for you though. There is a website www.car-part.com. You put in your year make and model of car, where you are located, and shows you listings of used parts. They are usually parts from salvaged cars. I searched for engine cover on there for a 2009 and came up with like 6 options. I expanded the search to include years 2006 - 2011 and it gave me more options. Just pay attention to the engine that is listed. It doesnt give an option for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That really worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
So, it took about 4-5 calls to different places. But one place in California had it and was willing to sell it & ship it!
The total was a very reasonable $65.
Thanks again. That was awesome advice! 😊

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
48 Posts
You're welcome. The biggest problem I have ever had with that site is some places do not want to ship anything. You have to be local enough to pick it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts