Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
thegoldenspork115
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. First time on the forum but I’ve browsed around before many times without an account.
Anyways, I used the search function and couldnt really find what I was looking for.

I’m wanting to upgrade my headlights and bulbs but I wanted to get some good recommendations before pulling the trigger. I got an 08 eclipse Spyder GT. I believe its currently got the stock ones with halogen bulbs. I’ll try to post a pic of my lights so you can see. I don’t want to order something and find out it’s gonna take some extra labor to install because it’s not a correct fit or doesn’t match the electronics.

Also, from what I’ve read, I think the general consensus around here is that HID or LED are the way to go? Which should I do?Preferably plug and play if at all possible with my car. Honestly I’m not really sure which to get and would greatly appreciate some links.
So yeah, can you guys point me toward what I should order?
Been looking everywhere around here and haven’t really been able to decide!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello friend, I have installed some LEDs with a fan, also the fog lights are luxury, the directional lights I recommend that you leave them with the originals because if you install LEDs you will need to place a 50w resistance at each cross so that it does not blink quickly which is very annoying, the lights are from the H13 model, the turn signals are from the 3157 model and the H11 fog lights, I hope it will be of your help.

·
thegoldenspork115
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello friend, I have installed some LEDs with a fan, also the fog lights are luxury, the directional lights I recommend that you leave them with the originals because if you install LEDs you will need to place a 50w resistance at each cross so that it does not blink quickly which is very annoying, the lights are from the H13 model, the turn signals are from the 3157 model and the H11 fog lights, I hope it will be of your help.

I’m just wanting to change the high/low beam. I’ll leave the fogs and turn signals alone if I can. Are you saying as long as I get LED H13 kind for the headlights it should work okay? Any suggestions on headlight assembly? I was looking at Spec D projectors

·
Registered
17 Posts
In my spyder I have the modified Spec D projectors mounted, the car looks more aggressive, they use 2 H1 bulbs, one for the high and one for the low, you can also get in LEDs with fans, those projectors have wiring harness for the H1 conversion

·
thegoldenspork115
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I’ll probably get those specs and a set of H13 LEDS. There’s lots of different things to consider here so wanted to be sure. Thank you for all the info!

·
thegoldenspork115
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So the Specs came in the mail today and I’m noticing they say H1 on them. Am I able to use this with some kind of conversion or did I buy the wrong one? Or does this assembly convert the H13 to H1...It was the only assembly from spec d I saw...I’m taking it to my auto shop tomorrow for the install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts