Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm turning 18 on the 30th this October and was hoping to get a car soon after my birthday.
Started looking for cars that are reliable, in my budget, and look good that are near me and stumbled upon a beautiful car. It was a 4G GS SE.
Unfortunately the stats for the 4G SE are underwhelming and I don't want to go way out of my way to turbo the shit out of my car without much experience working on cars, and a v6 swap would be impractical. So after a bit of research I found out about the GT and have been looking for once since, but none have popped up close to me in a while (a few months, Its always the GS). So I'm reaching out here wondering if any 4G GT owners are selling in my area, hopefully there are, fingers crossed. <3
(also I don't trust many people selling these because they haven't taken good care of them, looking to buy one from a caring owner/4g enthusiast)
budget preferred under 10k (tight budget) would go over for good mods (don't know much about how much these are supposed to sell for, would like advice)

GS SE listing I was looking at before I decided to get a GT:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a heads up, SE doesn't mean GS or GT. So if you see SE, don't disclude it from your search right away. SE is a visual and comfort package. Everything but the SE specific spoiler was available on non SE models, however.

Good luck on the hunt!
Thank you for the reply saber!
I have corrected my original post with that in mind and will now keep into account that information while searching for my GT, also just curious, what is a good milage to but a GT at? A 165k just popped up near me but who knows how well it has been maintained (plus it does not look in the best shape) and id rather buy one thats under 100k or near it at least (unless it has been maintained by a very good owner).

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
161 Posts
If you figure an average mileage driven car in the US, a 2011 would have approx 135k miles on it. That's 10 years of driving the vehicle and the 2nd last year of these cars. If you go back to 2006 or 2007 you are looking at another 50k+ miles on top of that. My car has just over 130k but I have had multiple vehicles to drive since I bought it. You could always ask the seller if they have maintenance records or ask if there was a place they always took it to get maintained. Most places here in PA, will give you the records with the current owners permission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts