Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a question..i put regular fuel in my 07 gs...but, which one is recommended..i want to put premium but idk if it will affect the motor

·
Celer, Silens, Mortalis
1,043 Posts
My 06 GT has a premium only sticker on my tank door so Im assuming it wont affect your GS at all.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was coming back from jersey going 85 cruise and i went 42 miles with that light on before i filled it so i think you got some space i was really afraid though xD

·
I'm the BEST
3,329 Posts
I don't get gas untill I take corners and the car starts spittin

·
Registered
685 Posts
I just go until im compleltly out then i fill up with my price chopper advantage card that my parents give me i fill up for like 20$ everytime i love it lol

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
you can do it but its a waste if your not running nitrous or fi
That's not true! it cleans your internals and you'll feel how good your motor starts running! I've been running premium in my gs for like 6 months and it's amazing the difference after 2 tanks :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just got my 06 GT 6spd a month ago and i put a full tank in it 2 weeks ago and ran it till the light came on. when i filled up it said i filled up 13.6 gallons so if we have a 17.7 gallon tank like what ive read.. we have 3 gallons when the light comes on.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
That's not true! it cleans your internals and you'll feel how good your motor starts running! I've been running premium in my gs for like 6 months and it's amazing the difference after 2 tanks :)
Not to be a dick, but i call BS on this one. I ran it for a long time too, switched back and fowarth many times. It's not even enough of a diffrence to tell. Definately not enough to justify an extra 5$ every single time you fill up. Now, if you did it and you tuned for it, i would imagine that to be a diffirent story. Our cars are tuned for 87 from the factory, run it on it unless you have some other reasons to (boost, ect.)

·
Hard Core 4ger
11,973 Posts
I only use premium just to keep the engine as clean as possible if nothing else.

and with a blower on the engine I use a TON more gas - I don't even want to know what my MPG is.....probably scary bad. yes, like Lisa I head STRAIGHT to the pump when that little bitch starts to glow. it's not good to let the 6G75 run out of gas I am told.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
What Joey said.

I only run Premium, it does make a difference, keeps your injectors and valves and all that stuff much cleaner -- it's worth it. And I ONLY use Chevron, or Shell if there's no Chevron around -- but never any other brand.

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts
i never let mine fall beow 1/4 tank.

·
North 4G Korea dissident
6,741 Posts
GS: regular
GT: premium

it's not rocket science, is it? both engines are tuned for each type of gas respectively... regular is bad for the GT, premium is a waste in the GS...

as far as running low, it's been said above... it's bad for injectors and fuel pump... i try to fuel up when i hit half or a quarter... i never understood the point of running it till the last drop, or only filling up $20 at a time... either way, you'll end up spending the exact same amount of money for the miles you drive.

and here on my trip to work (300 miles), there's only 1 gas station in the last 180 miles, and a lot of shit can happen (wildlife, fire, accidents), so i ALWAYS fill up half-way through regardless of how much gas i got left...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts