Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I have a 2011 gs sport and I was wondering about getting an limited slip diff do they make one that fits for this car cuz I can’t find any and if they do which is the best to go for

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,789 Posts
Quaife and Wavetrac did years ago.

You can ask them nicely if they would again, or wait for one to come up for sale on eBay or such that is unused.

They're LIKE an LSD, but actually an ATB however. In a straight line you wouldn't know. In a corner you'd notice if you've driven both, and would prefer the ATB. In drifting you'd want the LSD. If you're lifting a powered wheel in a corner you'd want the LSD.

The difference is much larger on a rear drive than front (more grip available for engine torque when cornering), but an ATB tries to torque you through a corner by letting the outside wheel have more force

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quaife and Wavetrac did years ago.

You can ask them nicely if they would again, or wait for one to come up for sale on eBay or such that is unused.

They're LIKE an LSD, but actually an ATB however. In a straight line you wouldn't know. In a corner you'd notice if you've driven both, and would prefer the ATB. In drifting you'd want the LSD. If you're lifting a powered wheel in a corner you'd want the LSD.

The difference is much larger on a rear drive than front (more grip available for engine torque when cornering), but an ATB tries to torque you through a corner by letting the outside wheel have more force
Oh ok so it wouldn’t help with wheel spin I was spinning almost all the way to 30

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,789 Posts
Oh ok so it wouldn’t help with wheel spin I was spinning almost all the way to 30
In a straight line you wouldn't know it's an ATB not an LSD

But yes. Tires, motor mount bushings, trans mount bushing, ball joints, control arm bushings, and strut bushings will all affect traction, as they affect driveline deflection. The stiffer they are, the less they deflect, the more the wheels stay in proper alignment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
September 6, 2022 so is there any thing to help improve this
Driver mod - Learn the limit of your car. Practice giving it just enough throttle to keep accelerating hard without breaking traction. Once you break traction, getting it back can be difficult with a heavy foot. Also learn to slip the clutch rather than dump it if you haven't already (If it's a manual). It'll destroy your clutch much faster, but it'll keep those rpm's up as well as (hopefully) holding traction.

Better Tires - a 200 or 300 treadwear tire is going to get you significantly more traction, but you'd be sacrificing lifespan of tires. A good all season tire can last 50-100k miles. A softer compound can be as little as 10k-25k miles depending on how hard you're driving it. Softer compound combined with a wider tire setup can make you hook much better off the line, but will require some research for the most optimized setup.

Coilovers - Coilovers can help a lot. But, just to be clear, I don't mean buying some ebay MaxSpeedingRods Coilovers and slamming it on its nuts. I mean getting a nice set of coilovers (BC, Megan Racing, KSport for our platform) and having them properly adjusted for dampening and ride height then given a proper racing alignment will yield you fantastic results. But, once again, cheap out on this and it won't be good. Back when I was dailying mine I had KSports, but didn't bother to actually adjust them correctly and I had ridiculous wheel hop off the line. To the point I was lucky I didn't break something.

Worn Suspension - Maybe you just have some pretty tired suspension components. When my gs was stock I could hardly get it to spin even in the rain. It just hooked and took off. For you to be spinning in a gs up to 30mph is interesting. Maybe you just have awful tires or bad shocks causing too much weight transfer to the rear.

·
TheSlow4g
2007 AWD Turbo GS
257 Posts
hey I have a 2011 gs sport and I was wondering about getting an limited slip diff do they make one that fits for this car cuz I can’t find any and if they do which is the best to go for
Driver mod - Learn the limit of your car. Practice giving it just enough throttle to keep accelerating hard without breaking traction. Once you break traction, getting it back can be difficult with a heavy foot. Also learn to slip the clutch rather than dump it if you haven't already (If it's a manual). It'll destroy your clutch much faster, but it'll keep those rpm's up as well as (hopefully) holding traction.

Better Tires - a 200 or 300 treadwear tire is going to get you significantly more traction, but you'd be sacrificing lifespan of tires. A good all season tire can last 50-100k miles. A softer compound can be as little as 10k-25k miles depending on how hard you're driving it. Softer compound combined with a wider tire setup can make you hook much better off the line, but will require some research for the most optimized setup.

Coilovers - Coilovers can help a lot. But, just to be clear, I don't mean buying some ebay MaxSpeedingRods Coilovers and slamming it on its nuts. I mean getting a nice set of coilovers (BC, Megan Racing, KSport for our platform) and having them properly adjusted for dampening and ride height then given a proper racing alignment will yield you fantastic results. But, once again, cheap out on this and it won't be good. Back when I was dailying mine I had KSports, but didn't bother to actually adjust them correctly and I had ridiculous wheel hop off the line. To the point I was lucky I didn't break something.

Worn Suspension - Maybe you just have some pretty tired suspension components. When my gs was stock I could hardly get it to spin even in the rain. It just hooked and took off. For you to be spinning in a gs up to 30mph is interesting. Maybe you just have awful tires or bad shocks causing too much weight transfer to the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts