Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 GS with an auto trans and I want to build the motor and turbo but I know the auto trans isnt going to be able to take a beating and there isn't much I can do to upgrade it as far as I know. I need to know exactly what I need for a manual swap aside from the obvious (pedals, trans, slave cylinder). Can I keep the stock ECU and just pull a chip off like donut media did when they manual swapped their E36 or do I have to swap ECUs and stuff and how difficult would it be to do. I'm not able to custom fabricate parts and I've asked before on the Facebook pages but as far as I know, nobody has ever done a manual swap. I'm stuck with the swap since there's no cheap 2.4l manuals within a 100 mi radius of where I live and if it ends up costing over 3 or 4k I'm just gonna finish doing the cosmetics and not do the turbo

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
Laziest cheapest way which MAY work:

Trans, shifter, shift cables, brake master, clutch pedal, brake pedal, clutch line, clutch master, clutch slave, and pray you don't hit limp mode.

The way that has been done that DOES work adds these to the list:
Etacs module, ecu, engine harness, engine bay harness, abs module/block, ignition cylinder, key, fuse box, relay box.

Overall, not a swap I'd personally consider doing. It's a mountain of work to just end up where you could have started.

·
2,869 Posts
1. Sell car
2. Buy manual trans car

electronically (aside from the nightmare of actually physically putting a clutch pedal), it’s not just a simple unplug this, plug in that, the computers are wildly different

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
1. Sell car
2. Buy manual trans car

electronically (aside from the nightmare of actually physically putting a clutch pedal), it’s not just a simple unplug this, plug in that, the computers are wildly different
With the dash out it's not bad. All the hole locations are marked from the factory for manual stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts