Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are these things any good and is this a good offer I want to go down about 1” in the front 1 1/2” in the back and stiffen it for mountain roads

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,038 Posts
They're a decent entry level coilover, yes. They'll be well ahead of stuff like Godspeed, and the eBay no name stuff. Also, dropping the back more than front will add to understeer. Usually guys drop the front a bit more than the rear on FWD stuff, but we're talking a few millimeters

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These were a little more than the ez 2s I didn’t know if these were older models or had any advantages or worse I’d be better off with ez 2s

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That or I was going to do some new kyb excel gs with Tien 1.5” drop but coilovers seem a little stronger that total was still 800-900

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,038 Posts
These are better than the EZ Street due to a different grade of stainless used (less prone to rusting), more damping control, and better valving for performance use.

EZ Street are like your Godspeeds. Guys in the south who never experience snow and just want to be lower get away with them. Guys who want performance or live in colder climates usually write back about rust issues and not being able to adjust them anymore after 1 winter, and find that replacement higher grade suspension rides better.

I always suggest good lowering springs over cheap low grade coilovers, but the ones you shared are something most people are happy with. With your mild lowering goals, the different strut body of the BC Racing ones isn't worthwhile for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts