Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy at the shop told me this would fit so I bought it , when I go to pick up my car he says the hangers line up but the elbow from the inlet doesn't line up so it won't work . . . Can't you just cut it ? Apparently it's for a 01-05 Camry but the guy told me it fits an eclipse or rsx lol .

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ya it makes me question what he said about the spacers not fitting . Now that they broke it loose I'm gonna see for myself and if that's true I'm sure the J shape fouler will make it work . And definitely gonna take that muffler to another shop asap . Doesn't make any sense , if he didn't wanna do it why not just say that right ? I said if this muffler "doesn't fit" can you order me one in that does ? And he literally said " we don't do that here" (Budget Brake and MUFFLER) lol . All he did was cut the 3rd cat out for $75 . Oh and on top of all that I asked for my keys and he just sat there texting and said there in the car , the car was up on the hoist still , literally had to lower it and back it down myself while they watched lol . Definitely has to be a liability !

·
2,862 Posts
Hey might as well post this guys shops info for cutting off that 3rd cat for being a dick, EPA would love to shut him down

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lmao , I just can't understand why he would tell me to buy the muffler because it fit , then tell me it won't work and can't order me one that will lol . When I asked how much the bill was he just made up a number and then said they didn't have any change so lowered the price by $15 , no receipt , no paperwork . Kinda sketched out now . Nothing's rattling or fallen off yet . Should be interesting to see when I get it on a hoist Tuesday . Hopefully another shop will be putting this muffler on tomorrow . I don't think I mentioned the companies name buts it's a large Canadian franchise that does brakes and mufflers on a budget 😉

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Budget Brake and Muffler was the place . My good friend from highschool has a gorgeous Vette , Mustang , Camaro , Charger and a few big trucks and said his buddy owned it and does all of his vehicles so figured it would be alright . Not so much ! The original plan was to have him install headers until RRE stopped correspondence with me , and for that he quoted $600 . So thankfully I made it out of there for $75 . Just hope they didn't so something stupid removing that cat that's gonna cost me at the next place . Being told around $300 to have this Megan Racing muffler installed , kinda hoping not as that's twice what I paid for the muffler lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts