Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Come join the fun on one of the days. It's open lapping
I don't think I could participate. I had a small heart attack three years ago with a stent inserted into one of my coronary arteries to open it up. I think that would forever exclude me from participating in on-track events from now on. I'd strictly be a spectator now.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I don't think I could participate. I had a small heart attack three years ago with a stent inserted into one of my coronary arteries to open it up. I think that would forever exclude me from participating in on-track events from now on. I'd strictly be a spectator now.
On a personal level you'd want to avoid it, or think they wouldn't let you? It's absolutely not a race, just lapping fun.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Not sure they'd let me.
I talked to an organizer. If your doctor is cool with it, there's no reason to even bring it up. There's no such rule, and nobody would have ever known.

If you had special precautions needed as outlined by your doctor, the organizers would be willing to hold onto a note from your doctor with them in case EMS (on site) needs them.

I talked to an organizer. If your doctor is cool with it, there's no reason to even bring it up. There's no such rule, and nobody would have ever known.

If you had special precautions needed as outlined by your doctor, the organizers would be willing to hold onto a note from your doctor with them in case EMS (on site) needs them.
I will when I see him in November. The one issue that I can think of is that I take medication to keep my heart rate low, which could affect performance. Thanks for checking. I was under the impression it was a rule seeing as it was always a big thing about Carrol Shelby having to give up driving due to a heart condition, especially if you have to use nitro for chest pains. I have never had to use it since my heart attack, but I do carry it.

I will when I see him in November. The one issue that I can think of is that I take medication to keep my heart rate low, which could affect performance. Thanks for checking. I was under the impression it was a rule seeing as it was always a big thing about Carrol Shelby having to give up driving due to a heart condition, especially if you have to use nitro for chest pains. I have never had to use it since my heart attack, but I do carry it.
I was looking at it as more of a safety issue as if I blacked out I could hurt someone else.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
You could try coming as a spectator, and see how you feel inside a car. Ride alongs are allowed, there just must be the same safety equipment in the car for passenger and driver.

Eg, I only have a harness in my driver's side for now, but have a regular 3 point belt on both sides. So I wore my 3 point only when I had a passenger last out.

You could try coming as a spectator, and see how you feel inside a car. Ride alongs are allowed, there just must be the same safety equipment in the car for passenger and driver.

Eg, I only have a harness in my driver's side for now, but have a regular 3 point belt on both sides. So I wore my 3 point only when I had a passenger last out.
That sounds like a lot of fun actually.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.