Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ricer
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Was driving to Mickey Shorr and my service engine soon light came on half way there. Took it to AutoZone for a free code read right after and looks like I forgot my gas cap at a fuel pump :/ No problem though, since I went online and bought a Duralast gas cap that said it fits a 2012 GS. Got it in the mail, and it screwed on nice and clicked in as well. Started the car, drove for about 45min and the code is still there. Went back to AutoZone and they told me to disconnect the battery for 30 mins?? Haven't tried that yet since I thought the engine codes were read and corrected on startup.. Any thoughts? It is the correct gas cap!!

·
Ricer
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use a scan tool to reset the code, easy

Any generic $15 code reader can even do this
Ill try this again but the app I use seems to have gotten rid of the clear code option.. Headed back up to Mickey Shorr again in a day or two and will be leaving it there. They leave the battery disconnected for hours at a time so if this doesn't work ill just put it off until then

·
Ricer
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Autozone should have a scan tool you can borrow to delete the code
I asked them if they could just clear it for me, they said they can't unfortunately because they could be held liable if your car breaks down :/

·
Basically Stock
5,693 Posts
Wow. That's a lame excuse.

And if you have an ELM327, use the free torq app, or any of the other 1000 free ones for generic reading and clearing. But really, you should be able to find a store that'll lend a scan tool for you to clear it in the parking lot. It's such a simple code

·
Ricer
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. That's a lame excuse.

And if you have an ELM327, use the free torq app, or any of the other 1000 free ones for generic reading and clearing. But really, you should be able to find a store that'll lend a scan tool for you to clear it in the parking lot. It's such a simple code
Very lame excuse!! Am I able to use my tactrix obd2 thing? I can't find my bluetooth one anywhere

·
1,979 Posts
Yeah you can also Reset ECU with Fastworks which is the only known way to clear learned data in the ECU/PCM without pulling the battery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts