Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Materialman 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I think it's fine for the CUV segment, like an upgraded Outlander Sport. I hope it sells. But after 10 years of austerity in the name of EV R&D, I'm so disappointed they've done nothing for the brand in the way of a sports coupe. I'm so sick of SUVs/CUVs, they have the ability to make a car, just make a car!

And their new logo sucks!

Attachments

#9 ·
Mitsubishi is literally the definition of the how the mighty have fallen....What could have been Mitsu, what could have been.

Now you just barely even make TVs. SIGH.

#10 ·
I've got no issue with the vehicle other than its name. I sold mitsu about 2 years back and loved the mirage i bought my wife and really liked the outlander / outlander sport. My real issue is how many xover/suvs do we really need?

Really really could use a sedan.

#15 ·
I unfortunately think it looks hideous. Such a shame for the name to go down like that lol. That's That's the ever changing market. We had a similar discussion on the 370 forum about the direct Nissan is taking with the absence of a new Z car. Certainly sucks but certain vehicles just don't appeal to the masses and if you wish to stay relevant you have to undoubtedly move with what's "popular" or easier to sell.

#16 ·
Saw it in person at the dealership last week. Tried to fantasize about dropping it on racing coilovers, bigger turbo, etc., make something of a track ready shooting brake. It's just not built for that though, it's like a budget Evoque, which is fine. Looks cool, but not my cuppa tea. They hired a new CEO today, which is kinda big news. Guy from RAM. They do go through a lot of CEO's Mitsu does. Hopefully the EC will sell well and they'll get a Starion/Eclipse type coupe in the works to take the torch from the aging 370Z.

Could be Nissan/Mitsubishi's answer to Toyota/BMWs new Supra out next year.

/dreaming

#17 ·
Small SUV’s are what is selling these days and if Mitsubishi wants to stay in business in the U.S., they need to sell vehicles. It looks ok for what it is and I hope it does well for them. I wish they would have named it something else, but Eclipse is known and it has a positive reaction with people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.