Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Mitsubishi endeavor (6g75 family)

Project: 
9K views 68 replies 12 participants last post by  Mason lesko 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 endeavor. A push rod version of the 6g75. I am here to share the information i have learned and get some help hopefully as well.

Upper and lower intake manifold from a 2007 eclipse gt
Rear cat delete 3" exhaust back
Drilled slotted rotors
Upgraded ignition coils
Upgraded spark plugs
Ecu re-flash
Custom air intake
AC delete
Weight reduction 350+lbs

I am currently looking for the RIPP supercharger for the 3.8 v6. It would be the perfect finishing touch to my beautiful masterpiece. And any help would be greatly appreciated. I love this Mitsubishi so much. And it turns heads everywhere i lay it down. She has so much potential guys.. please. Lets do this. 1 of kind track hawk eating Mitsubishi 6g75 awd power.

#2 ·
Welcome to the club. The superchargers are hard to come by, but are around.

I'd bet coilovers for a 4G fit on the endeavor. That could be a fun one for you. Also, maybe get rid of the drilled rotors, they're not really an upgrade. And for upgraded spark plugs and coilpacks... You're not gonna see gains unless you're misfiring really with coilpacks, and the ones these engines use are an upgrade for Nissan GT-R and commonly see use on 1000+whp cars revving in the 9000rpm area. Be weary of "upgrades"

#5 ·
Broski... much like the other guy. Hung up on the wrong thing my guy. I just wanted yall to know i have nice new equipment in there. Dont worry about my plugs or coils or especially coilovers. Come on. Seriously... coilovers. No. I still plan to go off road. I NEED THIS SC. And I have been looking everywhere... im already beating v6 camaros and mustangs and Cadillacs ...this SC would put me in the v8 crushin range. Making em crap there pants as i whine past em. Please help a guy out. I know they are out there somewhere

#10 ·
Where are you located? There's a great shop in Van Nuys, CA that specializes in Montero, Endeavor and 6G75 upgrades/swaps. May be a good resource to reach out to even if you're not CA for custom SC info.

#12 ·
I know of a shop that still has a brand new kit on its shelves that was never sold but the guy wants like 6k for everything. I was looking for one as well before I got the supercharger for a couple hundred bucks because the guy got it off of an eclipse at the junkyard. But yeah check Facebook marketplace for the eclipse because there are turbo kits and supercharger kits popping up every now and then. Or yeah you might have to try and go custom but that may be more expensive or just as expensive as the new one.

#13 ·
Ah. Well, when you put something as an upgrade when it's just general maintenance, it'll raise a lot of attention as it's so bizarre. Also, colder plugs aren't an upgrade either. I have no issues at 22psi boost on stock heat range plugs still.

I agree though, Facebook marketplace for the supercharger. As for turbo... There never was a GT Turbo kit, nor is there a plan for one from any company I work with or know of. GT support rather sucks. It's because the costs are too high for the average GT owner, and significantly more than GS prices. So, there's no demand. If you can get enough people, I can make a GT kit happen.

The drilled and slotted rotors are also not an upgrade, but that's common.
Have you considered a rear mount turbo? Sure beats a supercharger, just doesn't install as easy.

#15 ·
I think you missed the point he was trying to say for a different ride height cheaply you may be able to use our shocks and springs. As for finding a sc your quest is a journey for it nobody has just plenty laying around they are scarce and or incomplete if you find them more often than not. Good luck

#16 ·
I can DEFINITELY say 1 of a kind on my eclipse build, by the way. It's likely the heaviest built 4G69, the only twin scroll turbo 4G69, and has a whole bunch of 1 off custom parts I made. It then also doesn't run an off the shelf tune.

You do come off as a dick, not gonna lie. But that's probably just because writing has no tone. I'm sure I do too.

But as what Smokey said, yes, I was just offering a suggestion of what you can use if you wanted different suspension, as they are shared platforms. Guys here chop out Endeavor parts too, typically for AWD

#19 ·
So you know the feeeeelllliinnnggggg. I hardly ever drive by another endeavor and anytime i do its a peace of shit. To have one built up with an sc would just make it a freak of nature. I love this car so much and my passion comes through my writing and one drafts.. not a lot of time on my hands for this. Maybe why im so frustrated. I know this engine wont last forever. even the way i take care of it. This is my last attempt to really put it out there because i cant find any support. So guys^^ i really appreciate all your info. Ill keep my eyes out on facebook and in the yards. Thanks again..

#23 · (Edited)
Why im here? If i were to disclose the reason of my intrusion it would be considered... "weird." (Better term than last.) to say the least. Now if you thought you were putting me in my place with that... no. But to answer your question, no. I dont know were to find a SC. Why? Cause i usually drive a GS!

What does Smokey mean by "it's gonna pop."?

Attachments

#24 ·
I mean yea you could ultimately find a sc a me day who knows where from how much ect but you wouldn’t be able to use it on another engine unless it’s the same one, my suggestion for the turbo is go ahead get a large one since your not expecting 200,000 miles anyway and boost the hell out of it til you get your rated power your looking for. Then when it pops throw a v8 swap into it and use the same turbo with that engine and create more power than previously but will take a lot of money idk anyone who’s put a v8 in this frame

#27 ·
Im keeping this thing forever first off. Its a work of art that just keeps going. Second of all. Im at 199,450 miles so i am definitely crossing 200,000 and many many more. I do have a budget.. if i didnt i probably would do a v8 and turbo situation but that was why im looking for this old sc. Figured i could find one with dust on it someone just wants to get rid of. But ive never thought about that chevy 3.8 sc. Ill have to do some research. Im going to put in the hours on this thing. She is worth it. Just beat a 2018 ford raptor the other night. He was pretty upset in his 52,000 truck.

#29 ·
Rear mount turbo is still always an option ;)

I'm a parts dealer, I'll get you a deal on what I can get for you if you opt to go that route. I don't know what your budget is like. Cap the build around 450hp though, or else it gets insanely expensive (450hp to 500hp will cost about $3000 in engine work). It's stuff I'm familiar with, it's just that the 6G75 is a really expensive platform to make power with, and very few companies are interested in making the parts. Nobody wants to stock them either, so all are one offs, which adds highly to costs. Ross is the onl one who readily does the pistons, at a cost around 1000usd depending how they feel, and the best deal on rods is a company in Australia I've found doing Pejero stuff. I'm still trying at getting Wiseco to take on the pistons, and Brian Crower to do the rods, but need some specs from someone willing to send me a piston and rod, or to get one from a junkyard which I haven't been able to find. I can get this stuff added on to company part lists, it just takes effort from me and other people who are serious about it.

It'll sound silly, but for a high power build right now, swap in a 4G69, keep your rear end, and use an evo 8/9 transmission. You can make up to 1200hp cheaper on a 4G69 than a 6G75, beyond that it levels off to both being insanely expensive (your rear end won't do 1200hp, however)

#31 ·
Rear mount turbo is still always an option <a href="http://club4g.org/board/images/smilies/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" >:)</a>

I'm a parts dealer, I'll get you a deal on what I can get for you if you opt to go that route. I don't know what your budget is like. Cap the build around 450hp though, or else it gets insanely expensive (450hp to 500hp will cost about $3000 in engine work). It's stuff I'm familiar with, it's just that the 6G75 is a really expensive platform to make power with, and very few companies are interested in making the parts. Nobody wants to stock them either, so all are one offs, which adds highly to costs. Ross is the onl one who readily does the pistons, at a cost around 1000usd depending how they feel, and the best deal on rods is a company in Australia I've found doing Pejero stuff. I'm still trying at getting Wiseco to take on the pistons, and Brian Crower to do the rods, but need some specs from someone willing to send me a piston and rod, or to get one from a junkyard which I haven't been able to find. I can get this stuff added on to company part lists, it just takes effort from me and other people who are serious about it.

It'll sound silly, but for a high power build right now, swap in a 4G69, keep your rear end, and use an evo 8/9 transmission. You can make up to 1200hp cheaper on a 4G69 than a 6G75, beyond that it levels off to both being insanely expensive (your rear end won't do 1200hp, however)
Hmmm. Thats a lot to think on. But boy that would do some fucking work! Man that sounds strong reliable and mean. I like it. Ive been looking into those chevy3.8 sc i think the company is eaton? Itll take some fabrication but might be possible. Idk. Ima have to do some real time thinking. Id rather just wait and get that engine anand transmission. Hmm. Have you guys seen or heard of this electric pro/turbo charger (idk what its true classification is) but its made by torqamp supposedly spins as fast as a turbo, has a generator which takes stress of your alternator, aanndd things pushes 5-6psi. Could put it on any car. super easy install. Just costs 2,500...

#30 ·
Hey hope you find what your looking for, I love my gs I sold my girl for 1k when she was going to drop 3k on a car anyway, were at 260k on the motor only 90k in a used trans, can’t really complain, got another 40k til timing belt needs done, it’s a great car, these things last when taken care of. If I ever get deeper pockets that 4cyl will become a ls3 and the car may become a 4x4 for selective 2x4 but til then it’s a daily driver and serves my girl well, and the money she paid for it I’ve given her back in tires and other parts so win win, and plus when or if she blows the engine will be a fast track to the swap process at least speeds it up a bit.

#34 ·
The torque amp turbo flows about 16lbs/minute of air. It'll give a huge torque increase down low, then choke the engine up top, as shown by their own dyno charts in testing (350z). It's too low flowing to work on the 4G69 even, it's more for 1.5L engines and smaller that are NA that want to make around 175hp

As for that V8, it's another step more obscure and will get even more expensive to build and make power with. It'll also eat up engine bay space you don't have to spare

#35 ·
Damn man i feel you. Now on the torqe amp they made this one way bypass valve to help with high air flow applications. And on top of that i have an awd 4speed. So my rpms are always down low anyways! Redline is like 7200rpms. But my idle is like 700rpms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.