Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 31.2 MPG on my last fuel fill up on my 06 GS Auto, having reset the tripometers last time I fully filled the tank, and dividing that number by the number of gallons I filled up with when I refueled the tank to full again (to only calculate gallons that were actually consumed by that mileage).

How are your cars doing with MPG? Or Kilometers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How are you getting that? I drive fairly chill (most of the time) and have a pedal commander to use ECO mode occasionally. I'm nowhere near that shit 😆😆

·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you getting that? I drive fairly chill (most of the time) and have a pedal commander to use ECO mode occasionally. I'm nowhere near that shit 😆😆
GS Auto too?
All I have is the DC Sports CAI, gutted header, block off plate on intake manifold for the resonator, and the Hackish tune
I think the MPG really comes from the tune, as looking at it compared to the stock tune, it has leaned out AFR's, and pulled timing, as the extra fuel was used to heat up the manifold cats (that no longer exist), and then you needed more timing for the extra fuel; if you remove that extra fuel being used, you can pull that unneeded timing, leaving just enough that your fuel can handle before knock occurs

·
Registered
15 Posts
GS Auto too?
All I have is the DC Sports CAI, gutted header, block off plate on intake manifold for the resonator, and the Hackish tune
I think the MPG really comes from the tune, as looking at it compared to the stock tune, it has leaned out AFR's, and pulled timing, as the extra fuel was used to heat up the manifold cats (that no longer exist), and then you needed more timing for the extra fuel; if you remove that extra fuel being used, you can pull that unneeded timing, leaving just enough that your fuel can handle before knock occurs
Ahhhh, I see. Yeah no mods besides a Borla exhaust on mine, I'd love to tune her up but I'm not sure.....
I hear Auto City Imports does it, I think can't remember...
I do a shit ton of city driving too, I get like 20 at best I'd guess, last tank I checked anyway

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
Last fill up I was around 21.4 or so. I drive to work 4-5 days a week (32 miles round trip highway maybe 3 stop lights) and to my home town once a week (30 minutes on highway, some in town). I do drive somewhat aggressive so I can understand the low MPG, as well as my mods (See Signature | New forum you need to click it to expand it).

·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last fill up I was around 21.4 or so. I drive to work 4-5 days a week (32 miles round trip highway maybe 3 stop lights) and to my home town once a week (30 minutes on highway, some in town). I do drive somewhat aggressive so I can understand the low MPG, as well as my mods (See Signature | New forum you need to click it to expand it).
I have the same mods plus the tune
The tune is the key

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
I figured, I just don't want to spend all that money for the tune. I know, I'm a dumby, but it's expensive for that damn cable...On top of the tune at the same time. And you're also having troubles with FastWorks. Seems like a huge headache...

·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured, I just don't want to spend all that money for the tune. I know, I'm a dumby, but it's expensive for that damn cable...On top of the tune at the same time. And you're also having troubles with FastWorks. Seems like a huge headache...
I understand that
It is possible for our car to be reflashed without Fastworks with ECUFlash after they fixed it, but we are missing ROM definitions because nobody ever made them, I only found some for the 06 GT once, and the automatic and manual ones are different yet

In the WRX and Evo, world, free base tunes as free definitions are common

That’s why I already had the OpenPort 2.0

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
So what exactly can I do with an OpenPort 2.0 without paying for a tune? Anything? If I just wanted to change the o2 sensors from reading, causing my check engine light to come on and never turn off, is this possible without paying $200+ for a tune and a FastWorks certificate?

·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what exactly can I do with an OpenPort 2.0 without paying for a tune? Anything? If I just wanted to change the o2 sensors from reading, causing my check engine light to come on and never turn off, is this possible without paying $200+ for a tune and a FastWorks certificate?
You need Fastworks for that on this car because Hackish was the only one to rewrite the ECU code to bypass the cat checks
Btw Fastworks/tune is $350 for non turbo

tactrix is $179, technically comes with ECUFlash software but like I said you need definitions to edit the stock ROM which there basically are none available unless you want to make one yourself and dig through the stock ROM with a hex editor

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
So $529 for a non-turbo basic tune. That's not worth it imo...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts