Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got this car almost 2 years ago. I’ve always wanted a 4th Gen eclipse, and after I totaled my 2013 3.5 Altima (I’m really salty still) I finally got one.

Just recently started actually getting into the auto world, and my wife tore this thing up while I was deployed, so I got a lot of work to do.

Not aspiring for anything crazy, pretty typical build/diary thread here.

Starting point:

Current Mods:

- Performance -
Throttle Body Bypass
DC Sports CAI

- Exterior -
Painted all engine bay reservoir caps black
LED License Plate Lights

- Interior -
LED Dome Lights
LED Trunk Lights

Obviously nothing much has been done yet. I plan on doing a lot of body painting tomorrow, gutting the headers next weekend, and getting an RRE Axleback in about a month. Then a tune.

Goals:

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Don't gut your exhaust manifold. It will make things louder, but not much if any gain in performance. You will more likely actually lose power (unless your cats are clogged all to hell). Find an RRE header, or, if you're willing to do some work, you can get the DNA Motoring header, re-weld everything, and install an O2 sensor bung on pipe 1 so it functions (then the metal quality is still paper thin and bad, but it beats gutting your manifold). The cat material has a good scrap value though, so if you do, save it for a metal salvage yard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the club!

Don't gut your exhaust manifold. It will make things louder, but not much if any gain in performance. You will more likely actually lose power (unless your cats are clogged all to hell). Find an RRE header, or, if you're willing to do some work, you can get the DNA Motoring header, re-weld everything, and install an O2 sensor bung on pipe 1 so it functions (then the metal quality is still paper thin and bad, but it beats gutting your manifold). The cat material has a good scrap value though, so if you do, save it for a metal salvage yard

Oh wow. I’d been reading around and heard mostly nothing but good about it. I’ll try to find some actual headers then, it’s definitely preferred anyway. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Painting got put off, probably gonna plasti test it this weekend. Got all my Interior LEDs though(dome, trunk) and license plate light. I’ll get pics up tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts