Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
My 2006 Eclipse GT -- :)

Tim's 2006 UV Blue Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (Sun & Sound w/ Sport's Package accessories)

My car - a photoset on Flickr

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2902312

YouTube - MitsuStyle.com 2007 Fall Dyno Day

Sound clips!

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/un5EzPR0Fno&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LP1-Wfw_X0o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>
My graph from the Dyno Day (Intake/Headers/Cat-back Exhaust)

New Photos, Downtown Stillwater:

Lense flare in that pic is NOT photoshopped.

New Head Unit & Interior Shots:

Couple Night Shots:

Mod List:

Paint: UV Blue

Body/Visual: Projector style eyelids, 30% tint, removed front license plate, Tearstone Performance polished aluminum billet fluid caps

Stereo System/Electronics: Pioneer AVIC-Z2 nav. system (7" LCD touch screen) w/ iPod Adapter, Stock Rockford Fosgate sound system

Exterior Lighting: Black Halo Projector headlights, Black LED Tail lights, Bright white LED license plate light

Interior Lighting: Blue ambiance -- Street Glow Blue 9" LED footwell lighting, Blue LED map/dome lights

Engine: Injen short ram intake, RRE short-tube headers, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust

(Dyno'd at 236.4whp and 210wtq on Dyno Dynamics)

Wheels: 18" Anthracite Enkei GF1 (lightweight, 18.5lbs/each)

Suspension: Megan Racing coilovers w/ adjustable dampening -- 23 front / 27 rear, car lowered approx. 2" front / 2 1/4" rear

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Nice car... the rims look great on it and the interior lighting looks good! You should get some projector headlights and the eyelids for them, that would be an awesome touch for the exterior

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah I think I probably will. I should maybe put a "next up" list, cause there are easily 6 things I want to do before winter. Once winter comes i'll do engine stuff.

Rims are listed in my sig and in the first post, dz.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
On the 23/27 I have it at, it's much stiffer than stock, but I think it's perfect. It's a good street setting. The only bumps where you are like "OH SHIT" are the ones that would easily fuck up anyones 22" with rubberband tires.

So far i've never bottomed out, and I park in a parking ramp at work, and have a decently steep driveway.

As far as it being stiff though, thats how a car should be, and I think it's perfect.

@ Hac, thanks, and also, do you like the Injen Exhaust? It seems like the only people that naysay on it are the ones who don't have it, and I kind of want to go with Injen for my CAI and Exhaust. If a nice turbo kit comes out in the future, I would probably jump on it, so there would be a minimal amount of justification for the 3", but whats your personal opinion on it?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ok, i'm looking for some opinions.

How do you think these would look on my car? I would probably do the Projector Style eye lid with the headlights.

My car kind of has the black/blue thing going, so i'm not sure if this would compliment that or is it might be too much.

If ANYONE has these on their car please post some pics. I have seen them on some cars but I want like nice close-up pics if possible or some pics at least focused on the lights.

ALSO, I asked in another thread but nobody has answered me yet, is doing an HID kit with these harder than doing it with stock?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have the headlights and eyelids and looove them.. they'd look awesome on your blue black thing goin on.. but the tail lights, i don't really dig. but thats just me.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I do the black color scheme though I wouldn't really want to just do headlights and not the tails, that would look off. I am worried about the pseudo spoiler looking funny though. Thats about the only hesitation I have.

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
I would definately do the headlights if I were you, theyd look real nice. As far as the taillights go, maybe if you got them tinted? Or if you just kept the ones you have and tinted those. Either way, I would tint my tail lights. If you get eyelids, you wont really have to do anything to the headlights, it would still look good. As far as the spoiler goes, Idk what one youre talking about to comment on that​

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The stock spoiler is chromed out. I'm just thinking the black out tail lights right next to the chromed spoiler might look off.

Reactions: BARNEY1985

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Hmmm, you have a point there with the chrome stock "spoiler" thing, and your car has the black/blue theme? Whats the main color- black?? What kind of wheels do you have? And what color is your gascap?? I know, its like 21 questions... What if you could tint the spoiler thing?? That would be HOTT. Do you have any pics posted on here of your car? Seeing it would be a much better visual, for others to give you an opinion​

EDIT: Im an asshole-- I didnt scroll up and see the pics of your ride lmfao. Heres my opinion, search "rear tail light painting" theres a thread by BartMan, and he explains how to paint the tail lights with VHT NightShades and he also paints the rear chrome thing (and explains how to do that as well)-- if you paint the chrome peice black, tint the stock tail lights, or those new ones, then your problem would be solved, and the rear of your car will be just as hott as the rest of it! The VHT NightShades is a SPRAY ON TINT!!

·
"Yayo"
3,633 Posts
I love the projectors, the taillights, not so much, but they match. You could always get the black projectors and try to crack your taillights and paint them. Or just tint them like jb4g did. As for the spoiler, there are 2 options: tint it like the taillights, or get a spoiler delete cover.

By the way, your first picture on this thread, those wheels look sick on your ride. :twothumb:

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks man. I'm glad people seem to like the rims. I am very satisfied with them, and I got a ridiculously good deal on them, so thats even better.

Skittle your advice is awesome. I actually talked to the guys at ACI that sell the projectors and tail lights and he recommended exactly what you said also.

So i'm thinking what i'm going to do is get the spoiler blacked out and black out my stock tail lights, and then buy the black projectors and blue eyelid. I might also get my gas cap done up black also, i'll have to do some research.

I guess I didn't pay much attention to the tail lights but gawd that one bulb is fugly.

·
"Yayo"
3,633 Posts
Yup - jb4g has tinted/blacked out taillights and spoiler. Like I said, the other option is a spoiler cover in UV blue. There are pictures of them around somewhere. They look great too, much better than the chrome.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts