Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone knows of a 2009 to 2012 Eclipse GT with every option available that is for sale please let me know. I need to replace my 2009 Eclipse GT Coupe that was absolutely perfect until it was destroyed by an inattentive driver. My other car is a yellow 2005 Honda S2000 and my Honda CBR1000RR bike are both yellow. Obviously I am obsessed with yellow; though an Eclipse that is mint in any color would be fine. I really loved my Eclipse and will miss driving it.
I certainly appreciate any help that you can give me.
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2009 GTP
15 Posts
I just found my yellow with all options in July, so they are out there. Good luck, man.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe liking the Speedracer character and yellow cars are linked somehow? I also had a yellow 2003 Celica GTS before my Eclipse. I wish Mitsubishi would have made an AWD gen 4 Eclipse. I had a1994 and 1997 Eclipse GSX AWD; I really loved those cars with the 4g63 turbo engine. They were a blast to drive in the snow.
How do you like your Solstice; is it a GXP turbo?

·
Registered
2009 GTP
15 Posts
Maybe liking the Speedracer character and yellow cars are linked somehow? I also had a yellow 2003 Celica GTS before my Eclipse. I wish Mitsubishi would have made an AWD gen 4 Eclipse. I had a1994 and 1997 Eclipse GSX AWD; I really loved those cars with the 4g63 turbo engine. They were a blast to drive in the snow.
How do you like your Solstice; is it a GXP turbo?
You may be right, because I also love Racer X's yellow race car, lol

I had a 2000 Celica GTS, but it was red

I would love if my Eclipse was AWD, part of the reason i got it was for the FWD

I like my Solstice a lot, and get tons of compliments, but, no, it is not the turbo. I was searching for a yellow 370z when i bought it ( but couldn't find one )

·
Registered
2009 GTP
15 Posts
bummer alert: i did a nationwide search last night for yellow GTs and found NONE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bummer alert: i did a nationwide search last night for yellow GTs and found NONE
I know; it is hard to find any, yet alone nice, 2009 thru 2012 Eclipse GT’s that are listed for sale in the whole country. I found only one with every catalog option like mine; it was a black 6 speed in Columbus Ohio with only 54K miles and had prior repaired damage to the right rear. The four others I found were one red one blue and two other black ones; none of which were in that great condition and most not well optioned.
I almost forgot I had two other yellow cars: a 1994 Dodge Stealth RT TWIN TURBO and years ago a 1970 Corvette LT1 350 370hp t-top coupe. While searching I found a BRAZEN ORANGE 2008 Solstice GXP 5 speed nearby in Connecticut; I live in Massachusetts. Red and yellow make orange so it’s sort of yellow. I don’t know how I almost forgot my yellow 1968 Lotus Elan roadster; I was absolutely obsessed with those cars when I was a kid. Hearing that I’m looking to replace my Eclipse, a friend of mine wants me to buy his mint (never out in the rain or snow) red 2004 Mach 1 Mustang with the Cobra 32 valve aluminum block motor and automatic transmission (very rare). I don’t know; I was very happy with my Eclipse and would have happily driven it for years. So my search continues.

·
Registered
2009 GTP
15 Posts
yeah, that stinks, i'd say in the last year or so i only found 3 yellow GTs, two in IL that had 100k mi and one on carvana with 30k mi ( the one i bought )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My insurance company is offering me $9000 for my car. If you’d care to share with me; what was Carvana asking for your car? It would give me some good comparison pricing to negotiate with them. Mitsubishi dealers near me think mint 2009 GT’s would sell between $9k and $10k.

·
Registered
2009 GTP
15 Posts
My insurance company is offering me $9000 for my car. If you’d care to share with me; what was Carvana asking for your car? It would give me some good comparison pricing to negotiate with them. Mitsubishi dealers near me think mint 2009 GT’s would sell between $9k and $10k.
That's probably about right, the 100k mi GTs were around 9,000, but mine was super low mileage, so the blue book on it was actually 13,000

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear about your eclipse. In my searches for an eclipse I came across this 2009 yellow gt, original owner.
It's listed on facebook:

In the case link doesn't work, it's located in Michigan, manual transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's probably about right, the 100k mi GTs were around 9,000, but mine was super low mileage, so the blue book on it was actually 13,000
Hi;
A yellow 2009 GT identical to mine turned up in Spearfish, SD. The only problem was it had repaired body damage. Oh well. I’ll keep looking

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, sorry to hear about your eclipse. In my searches for an eclipse I came across this 2009 yellow gt, original owner.
It's listed on facebook:

In the case link doesn't work, it's located in Michigan, manual transmission.
Thanks for the lead; I’ll see if I can find it on Facebook.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts