Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
11K views 84 replies 13 participants last post by  9GKC 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone thought I would start a build thread so I could add to it as I progress with this car. It's a 2012 galant se ( 4G69) so far just have a drop in k&n filter, plastidipped grille, wrapped front bumper and other minor mods. I am very interested in the 4G69 platform as a whole and have learned a lot from this forum. Like always heres some pics ;)

First night I had her

Plastidipped the nasty chrome grille and threw on some eyelids

Here she is wrapped without the chrome blacked out..

Chrome is gone

How she sits to date

Coming up soon I'm installing the D2 coils and ichiba spacers in my closet after this winter:D

See less See more
#8 ·
I know right makes em look mean, and thank you. Yea it seems like most of them stay off the forums though:(. Basically what I've learned/researched from bolt ons most 4g gs/ lancer RA bolt ons fit directly onto 9g galants but some parts due require extra welding due to the size difference in the galant and eclipse. Will do !
Yep that's the one :)

It was nice to see the variety of cars and styles .

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I had a blast i dont know about you. Even though before i went i heard its more like EVO fest but i saw a hell of a lot more cars then evos lol. I dont live in IL but i travel there alot so might have saw me around.

#7 ·
YES! it's great seeing more people mod Galants (I got an 8g myself), I like what you did with plastidipping the front, looked really good in person when I was at MOD

I can direct you to a forum dedicated to Galants if you like, but Club 4g is my second home, and I can say that this forum will be more than helpful for you, both in the overall activity, quality of information and that your 9g is basically a 4 door 4g Eclipse, it's the same deal with the 8g Galant with the 3g, we can use basically all the parts from the corresponding Eclipse with the exception of body bits

#25 · (Edited)
I got a 9g that I have had for a few years; it is an 07 ES. Just recently got interested in my car after ordering a new head unit. I decided to go big and get a double din, touchscreen unit (GPS built-in). This in turn made me order some headlight upgrades and now I'm debating other things. I'm still paying for college as well so it'll be a slow build. :cheers:

#22 ·
Thank you! I just like being the very few that are modded even remotely because no one knows what it is :agreed:

I'm really wanting to see your car in person sometime soon bri

Diss you tint the windows yourself ?

Soon enough bro, bloomington/normal area is a long way from me though :pat:
Both the windows and vinyl were done at KC Tintworks

#33 ·
Installed the carbon fiber shift knob off ebay... biggest pain in my ass, will post pics of it installed tonight after I correct the fitment.

I'm waiting on mine too :runaway: ,

I thought that's wtere ya live . It's about 45 mins from me.
I'm having some medical issues at the moment anyways .
That's where some of my relatives live but I live in kcmo which is about a 7hr drive. Hope you get better though.

Aftermarket; I wanted a few extra features. I'll keep ya in mind if I need anything!
Sounds good!

#35 ·
Ok, so a word of caution. When you put on your coilovers, you can't go very low in the front. I did, and got horrible axle bind. The car would shake on acceleration. I raised it up a little and it helped.

#43 ·

Well today was my day off so I decided to finish putting dynamat on the lid of my trunk. The gray carpet looks out of place I might change that eventually but for now I'm not too worried about it. Amazing product so far it can easily be cut,placed, and the adhesive on it is amazing. I would recommend this to anyone who would like to get rid of rattles in their car (such as me) or looking for stronger audio performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.