Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Resonator isn't gonna affect it as much as the muffler and cats. Cats will just stop it happening usually. If you have a 2.5" exhaust, you must be taking only the rear bit if you have the stock resonator. Or did you neck down the piping to connect to it?

I'm still working on a way that'll do lots of silly flames. Hopefully with that setup it'll work for anyone. If it'll do it off throttle for my 3" exhaust with a full muffler, it should for you

·
Registered
93 Posts
So I have LT headers if I go with 2.5” exhaust with 1 mangaflow resonator to a Meagan muffler with a 4.5” tip I would t shoot flames 🔥 not even the tiniest one ??

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Resonator isn't gonna affect it as much as the muffler and cats. Cats will just stop it happening usually. If you have a 2.5" exhaust, you must be taking only the rear bit if you have the stock resonator. Or did you neck down the piping to connect to it?

I'm still working on a way that'll do lots of silly flames. Hopefully with that setup it'll work for anyone. If it'll do it off throttle for my 3" exhaust with a full muffler, it should for you
I'll take pictures when i get home so you see. I asked the muffler shop guy to go full 2.5 and i think he overlaped the 2.5 pipe over the muffler pipe. I hope he cut it. Dont know if that makes sense. Apologies for the late reply.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
I needed a hgiher PSI actuator, and no aftermarket actuator would fit, leaving me only with the option of make one, or Chinese garbage.

So here's the new one I made using a Garett 22psi actuator and my old one. It's silly, but it works. I cut both rods, drilled the Garett one, stuck the old rod inside, and then welded it. Works great, and hopefully it lasts longer than a set of laces for my shop shoes ever does.

It's definitely a tight fit still

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
New headliner

Power seat wiring ran, as well as fuel pump shutoff added to the kick plate

Terracotta interior

Sound deadening all around

Restored interior panels

And a few more things to go

Soon it'll be a cushy daily that still lights up third from a roll. I've got my turbo sent off for a rebuild and hopefully upgrade as well, so maybe 28psi boost isn't where I cap it off.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
It's basically just sitting while I wait to hear what's going on turbo wise. I sent it off to be rebuilt, the rebuilder put in an order for the parts, he got them, found that the company sent the wrong ones, now we're waiting to see how they want to right the situation. It may end up with a complimentary turbo upgrade, which would be neat. But then I'll need to flip my exhaust manifold, and go top mount instead to fit anything larger, as well as change my downpipe and charge piping at the least.

The power from my current turbo was plenty anyway, and I was going to daily it. But larger wouldn't hurt, as it may take away some of the overly sensitive nature of it.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
I forgot to update this.

The turbo is back in, the interior is whole, and everything is working. I need to adjust MAF tables to dial it in, as previously it was working perfectly air fuel wise as pressure was dropping up top I suspect. Now, it is rich at part throttle acceleration, but good in most cruise conditions and wide open.

To celebrate it being on the road again, I made it shiny. Not that it still looks like that after 2 weeks of field dust falling on it. But, as it sits now, it's a comfortable daily again, and quieter inside than it ever has been that I can recall. I still want to sound deaden the door skins, as well as the rear 1/4 panel behind the rear speakers. But I have bigger things on the go.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
Washed with dosoap and water. Then I cleaned the entire body with carburetor cleaner (degreases, but can also damage clear coat and paint if left to sit). Then I went at it with medium then fine polish. After that, I washed the polish off with quick detailer/wax. It took a few hours with some water breaks (very hot in the shop that day) but came out looking pretty fresh.

281 - 293 of 293 Posts