Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
193 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Roger Kidder 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, fellow 4G fans! Please allow me a moment to introduce myself in the context of an avid performance automobile enthusiast.

My first car was a 1972 Chevelle 350 coupe with which I had a serious relationship. Unfortunately, college expenses and life events kept me from completing my vision of what a proper American muscle street machine could be.

After getting married and settling into the hubby/daddy I have had a number of cars by various manufacturers, with a range of performance levels and trim packages.

At age 45, I decided to once again indulge my love of automotive performance. After a long search, I found a very well-tuned 1997 2G Eclipse. It was a real street performer and reignited my passion for driving. However, it turned out that the rust in the chassis was worse than represented. At this point, I had neither the time nor money to restore it. So, I sold it to a high-schooler who was looking for a project car for his vocational training in automotive sciences.

Since then, I have been burdened with the shame of driving either a hard-driven 2004 PT Cruiser, a 2002 Dodge 9-passenger van with peeling paint or, a 1996 Ford Windstar with multiple recall issues. As you can imagine, life seemed quite bleak and almost pointless for a time.

Well, fourteen years later, circumstances have changed quite a bit for the better! I now have the time and income to indulge my never-ending desire to build my version of a modern pavement peeler. So, yesterday I eagerly took possession of a quite clean, totally stock, white, 2008 Eclipse GT V6, with 48,000 original miles. Driving is a joy again!

I will be posting photos soon of the car as it is now. As the build progresses, I will share more photos and details. I look forward to your input and advice as I take on this project.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.