Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
541 - 550 of 550 Posts

·
AWD swapper
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·

How did I combine a 6G75 V6 engine from a 4 gen Mitsubishi Eclipse with an all-wheel drive transmission from a Mitsubishi Evolution? I often get asked that question. This video shows the entire process of making and installing an adapter plate between a W6MAA 6-speed manual transmission from an Evo 9 and a 6G75 MIVEC V6 engine.

·
AWD swapper
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
Concept RA 2020 . I'm building a car that doesn't exist in real life.
Today is my birthday, and I'm receiving the usual birthday wishes. As for the best gift I could present myself - that would be resuming work on my favorite Concept RA build. In this video I'll fill you in on what has been done up to this moment with Eclipse 5G, as well as show you what exactly I'm working on and what I'll be doing in the future with Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G.
This is truly a unique build, and I'm counting on your support.

·
AWD swapper
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
I'm making a car which doesn't exist. This is what I imagine the 5-gen Mitsubishi Eclipse might've looked like. I'll be building the nonexisting Concept RA with my own two hands. And today I've reached the point of no return. I wanted to destroy the project altogether, but I'm just going to go ahead and continue making a model out of sculpture clay. Perfecting and sanding surfaces such as the the hood, bumpers and fenders. Creating space for the headlights and air ducts. This video is all about what motivated me do to all of this, and how exactly I overcame all of the obstacles I encountered.

·
AWD swapper
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
The 6G75 V6 is Mitsubishi's largest engine (aside from the 8A80 V8), at 3.8 liters. It has proven its worth in various generations of the Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero), they used it in the Mitsubishi Endeavor and, of course, my own favorite 4-gen Mitsubishi Eclipse. This particular unit had been in storage for a number of years. We restored it, and now it's ready for use. It'll remain functional for years to come, with everybody grooving to the power it generates.
I've made a time lapse video depicting the engine assembly process. Nothing but music and action.

·
AWD swapper
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 ·
We fitted a Mitsubishi Endeavor suspension to an Eclipse. We also converted it from front wheel drive (FWD) to all wheel drive (AWD). As a result we end up with a car that has some serious ground offroad clearance and suspension articulation. Should we continue building up our version of the Eclipse Cross?

541 - 550 of 550 Posts