Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 eclipse gs sport 2.4 L. Why cant i find a cold air intake for my car? Its an automatic tranny. I would sure appreciate a point in the right direction

·
2,858 Posts
2009+, the filter rubs on the fog light housing. No big deal. You may also have trouble lining the support for it up, but again doesn't matter. NA I ran that way 3 years
On my 06 the CAI tube rubs a little on my auto transmission which has taken the paint off of the CAI tube, and it barely fits behind my fog light housing anyway and I don't even have fog lights on my Eclipse haha

·
Registered
101 Posts
What I did to get the CAI and fog lights. I got a 90 degree intake piping from advanced auto parts then I put it on the end of the piping then put the air filter. there isn’t much space when you put the extra piping but it works if you want both fog lights and CAI.

·
2,858 Posts
With or without fog lights, you'll still have the housing (just not the pods). It's not really worth cutting out either, as it adds structure to the bumper, which you'll really appreciate if you ever take it off (it's so flimsy)
Not on my 06 unless I'm not following what you're saying. The 09 front bumper is different that the 06-08 especially the fog lights, my 06 fake plastic inserts where the fog lights would be is just an insert that clicks in place of the fogs and my filter literally sits right behind them, I even removed the fake fog light once and had direct air flow onto the filter last summer although it looks really goofy

·
2,858 Posts
I know it's different. But I'm getting at the plastic is moulded with the roundness to it on the 06-08, and a box on the 09+. Both add structural integrity
Yup I got you, r u saying that the 09-12 fake fog light plastic piece is more obstructive to the CAI than the round 06-08 style?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yup I got you, r u saying that the 09-12 fake fog light plastic piece is more obstructive to the CAI than the round 06-08 style?
Here’s what I did with our ‘06 fog light “plugs”. Just drilled out the middle, so we still have the “frame” for support plus looks semi-clean... lol

Attachments

·
2,858 Posts
Here’s what I did with our ‘06 fog light “plugs”. Just drilled out the middle, so we still have the “frame” for support plus looks semi-clean... lol
OOH, cool, I have the Injen sock on mine and I do drive it year round in snow and all so not sure how I feel about permanently modding the fog housing for this hole in the wintertime, think it'd be fine?

·
Registered
283 Posts
OOH, cool, I have the Injen sock on mine and I do drive it year round in snow and all so not sure how I feel about permanently modding the fog housing for this hole in the wintertime, think it'd be fine?
Thanks! :) I added the Injen sock to ours too after this photo was taken. Unfortunately my son didn’t drive it much this winter, so not much real-world testing to report. When there was snow or heavy rain I chauffeured him around in the Sequoia, which is just *slightly* better in those conditions than the Eclipse... LMAO But we did take it out today with the new Stage 1 Action Clutch installed and the car felt healthy in this cool springtime weather. I’d like to think it was my super genius foglight hole mod... HAHA

I think it’s going to be fine frankly. Just avoid large puddles like the plague... ;)

·
2,858 Posts
Thanks! <a href="http://club4g.org/board/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:)</a> I added the Injen sock to ours too after this photo was taken. Unfortunately my son didn’t drive it much this winter, so not much real-world testing to report. When there was snow or heavy rain I chauffeured him around in the Sequoia, which is just *slightly* better in those conditions than the Eclipse... LMAO But we did take it out today with the new Stage 1 Action Clutch installed and the car felt healthy in this cool springtime weather. I’d like to think it was my super genius foglight hole mod... HAHA

I think it’s going to be fine frankly. Just avoid large puddles like the plague... <a href="http://club4g.org/board/images/smilies/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" >:)</a>
You’re tempting me to take out that plastic piece again and get to hacking it up lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
You’re tempting me to take out that plastic piece again and get to hacking it up lol
I used a hole saw in my cordless drill, it was nearly the perfect size. But be careful with how you hold onto the piece while drilling it! I nearly had an industrial accident... :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts