Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have Purchased a tune from Hackish but he is a really busy guy. I was wondering if anyone else have anything they can offer to get my car tuned so I can smog it and drive it again. The Altima is no longer viable and I need my Eclipse back up and I’ve been waiting quite a while for the tune.

Any suggestions or does he have an associates that may be able to help me quicker than he may be able to? I’d hate to keep pestering Hackish about it. I have a GT Stick with RRE headers, AEM intake and custom Exhaust. I have A port and polish on my Intake manifolds and my throttle body but nothing too major.

Thanks guys!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,650 Posts
Yeah, PM me. I will get you in contact within 24h. If you have Facebook, toss me a link to your profile. If not, toss me your email you use

Michael doesn't really do NA tuning stuff anymore, he just does Fastworks R&D for the most part (and even that is mostly just stuff I bug him to add). My friend Alex does it now (Mr. Bishi Racing, but he still is through Fastworks, and is the ONLY licensed Fastworks rep)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it’s not the contact that’s the issue since I have him on messenger, the issue is his lack of time because life haha. So I totally get it. But I thought there was someone else that can help out with the tune that’s associated with him. Since right now I need a simple tune because I’m not forced induction yet

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thumbs up on this 👍🏼 I need to get a tune soooonn. I have Injen CAI and OBX LT headers, I need to get my exhaust “PROPERLY” done a 2.5 in from the headers back and this weekend if everything lines up right I will drop my tranny and put in my Quaife LSD, ActionClutch Stage 3 6puck, OEM CV axle seals, OEM flywheel bolts, Redline MT-85 2qts and Energy Suspension Tranny mount.

·
Registered
98 Posts
@ Shizahoffa as far as your TB goes did you bore it yourself ? Or did you get the Proflow one ?? Don’t quote me but I believe the Proflow one is 67mm and our factory one is 65mm on the GT 6g75 that is.!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah I bored it out with a friend of mine who knows how to do port and polish. I attempted it on a broken throttle body while he did it on the one I was going to use and yeah his came out much better to say the least. Yeah I believe those are the right numbers. I thought I saw 68mm somewhere but I’m not too sure.

I also have Port and polish on my intake manifolds along with the spacer. It’s all port matched and smooth as hell. The spacer was slightly jagged so we used some gasket maker to fill up the leaks and we confirmed that there are no leaks coming from it. I was going to do my LSD but I didn’t have the gear worm and couldn’t find one in time so I just have it sitting here.

Here’s a few pics of the throttle body I ended up using with a stock one from an altima next to it to show a similar before and after

On another note, still waiting for the tune 😂

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brb. Gonna yell at Alex.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s all good I know other people got stuff to do as well so I don’t mind waiting a little longer. She misses the canyons though

Attachments

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,650 Posts
I biked to work for an entire summer waiting on the guys at Tactrix to write a file to reflash my ECU (which they did, and I'm grateful for (but it's a long story))

I have a LOT of empathy for anyone stuck not driving their car because of a tune file. Part of it is that Alex must have Michael transfer your tune files to him first though. Michael has the master account, Alex has an account with all the tunes he has done. So it can't go as quick as I had hoped. But, hopefully with Alex on it, it can go quicker. There's more on Michael's plate right now than he ordered, so that's causing some unfortunate slowdowns.

For anyone here considering a tune, contact Alex, not Michael. It'll lower the workload for him, and help everyone who already is tuned through him as well as new customers get by faster

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah my car is running pretty lean because of all of the mods so the idle is a bit rough but it still pulls really hard despite that. I was able to be my friends 2008 350z HR by almost a whole car with the stock tune, so I’m very excited to see the power after the tune. Gotta get her ready for road trips once this whole Coronavirus dies down!

I drove it for the first time in months the other day and yeah I miss it so much

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately the last time I have was for the automatic GT. I then swapped the ECU and dropped in the manual trans. I haven’t had a tune for the manual transmission at all yet. Done 3 different swaps to this same chassis haha. I still have all the messages and stuff with Michael in case Alex needs to see them for verification or anything.

But yeah the main reason why I think I need Michael to do it is because he was going to be able to change the ECU to match the VIN on my chassis so smog won’t be an issue when it’s hooked up. Then I’ll need an immobilizer delete so I can start the car without trying to program the key

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There’s like this plastic gear that needs to be taken off of the stock diff. I believe it’s for the speed sensor. But it’s hard to pull it off without breaking it and no trans show would have it pressed or pulled off. I ran into the problem and after I didn’t get it off myself I read up on it on the forums here and most said they just ordered a new one to be pressed on. It’s hard to come by though which is why I haven’t installed mine. There was a how to on here about It which is where I’m getting my info from along with personal experience

·
Registered
98 Posts
Damn hopefully I can get it out then, I need to go back to work Tuesday and I don’t have any other way to get there, I have my father who is a mechanic for 20+ years and we have all the necessary equipment maybe we will get lucky 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beat of luck to you man! If you manage to get it off let us know for sure how you did it and what you used because that’ll be some pretty solid information!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quaife LSD is in we had to used a bearing remover tool and it worked everything was pretty straight forward just putting everything back we couldn’t figure out where the 3 key springs and balls went but we figured it out after searching online and came across the tear stone transmission overhaul guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice!! Looks like I need to get one of those to slap in my LSD. I’ll do it when I swap in my built engine since the trans will be taken out anyways to be painted. Before all that however I just need my car efficiency codes cleared from the tune so I can smog it and then once it’s smogged I’ll get into modifying it again and get it supercharger ready. Baby steps until then since I can’t legally drive the car as of now

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.