Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah I can get you the part number for it, instead I’m just going to post the WHOLE service tranny overhaul manual https://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/2006_PS24S_MMNA_SM_PDF/GR00003900-22C.pdf I was going to paint the transmission but I have to re drop it again later due to the ActionClutch Stage 3 not fitting in there, in the mean time I still have some clutch left on the old one, I can’t wait to rip it man, haha I forsure will see the difference once I get my wheels and tires and stiffer suspension that’s forsure.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do you have the number for the tool? That way I can get one that I know works 😂 yeah I have ALLDATA for that and the tear stone guide as well printed out in a binder because my college had free copies at the printer that day haha. Good information for everyone to have access to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It’s in the beginning of the manual as soon as you open it, and does anyone know where I can possibly find the “ CONTROL BELL-CRANK DUST COVER “ I ve googled and tried to look everywhere but nothing. Everytime I rev up and shift it spews tranny oil everywhere not a lot but a good amount. It’s the rubber boot looking thing right at the Clutch selector.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Eclipse gs. GT throttle body, CAI, resonator deleted, RRE Underdrive Pulley.
4 Posts
I biked to work for an entire summer waiting on the guys at Tactrix to write a file to reflash my ECU (which they did, and I'm grateful for (but it's a long story))

I have a LOT of empathy for anyone stuck not driving their car because of a tune file. Part of it is that Alex must have Michael transfer your tune files to him first though. Michael has the master account, Alex has an account with all the tunes he has done. So it can't go as quick as I had hoped. But, hopefully with Alex on it, it can go quicker. There's more on Michael's plate right now than he ordered, so that's causing some unfortunate slowdowns.

For anyone here considering a tune, contact Alex, not Michael. It'll lower the workload for him, and help everyone who already is tuned through him as well as new customers get by faster
I am still waiting to complete this process. I contacted Alex in late August paid for registered with fastworks all that. I have messaged with Alex few times since. He said it was a busy time of the year. That's alot of $ to not have a clue when or if its going to get done.

·
Registered
2011 Eclipse gs. GT throttle body, CAI, resonator deleted, RRE Underdrive Pulley.
4 Posts
Yeah it is. It's not a lot of money for a tune in general though, and the demand is huge.
I can see how there is a demand for what they are doing. Fastworks and Stayer are the only ones that are doing tunes for the 4th gen right?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,045 Posts
I don't this Stayer does them anymore, and Alex isn't Hackish, but works for him. There are a couple other guys who do it with ECUFlash somewhere in the states, and one in Puerto Rico as well. But the same story is true with them--it takes months on a wait list to get the tune. And ECUFlash doesn't give you any fun stuff like wideband tuning ability, launch control, boosted tunes, etc

·
2,892 Posts
It can be done with ECUFlash but the problem is that there aren’t template maps available for many of our models, I think 06 GT Manual trans was on there, but it’s very specific and has to match exactly, same exact transmission type and ROM version too

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, PM me. I will get you in contact within 24h. If you have Facebook, toss me a link to your profile. If not, toss me your email you use

Michael doesn't really do NA tuning stuff anymore, he just does Fastworks R&D for the most part (and even that is mostly just stuff I bug him to add). My friend Alex does it now (Mr. Bishi Racing, but he still is through Fastworks, and is the ONLY licensed Fastworks rep)
Yeah, PM me. I will get you in contact within 24h. If you have Facebook, toss me a link to your profile. If not, toss me your email you use

Michael doesn't really do NA tuning stuff anymore, he just does Fastworks R&D for the most part (and even that is mostly just stuff I bug him to add). My friend Alex does it now (Mr. Bishi Racing, but he still is through Fastworks, and is the ONLY licensed Fastworks rep)
Hey can your friend tune my eclipse? If so please lmk and I’ll give you some some more information. My Facebook name is Alex Weingartner if you want to message me on that. Thanks!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts