Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed the original knob, so what do i do next? the instructions that came with the Momo does not help at all. how do i know which black rubber adapter to use? i put one into the momo and now it's stuck and can't get it out. i tried to put it into the shifter thing and it just doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
if the momo doesn't fit without the adapter you stick the adapter onto the shifter SNUGGLY that it takes a bit of force to pull it off, then stick the momo on and install. DONE!

Simple, basically do the opposite of what you did to take off the original.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The adapter is INSIDE the Momo. I see no way to get it out. Can't get any grip on it to pull it out.

I tried other adapters over the shifter pole thing. It doesn't make any sense to me. It sits on top of the skinnier pole thing but how is that supposed to help?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
16, honestly why is the adapter in the momo in the first place, aren't you supposed to put it on the shifter first? That's how it was when I did it.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put it in the shifter first, but the Momo wouldn't go down low enough, so when I pulled the Momo back out, the adapter came out with it and now it's stuck.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I put it in the shifter first, but the Momo wouldn't go down low enough, so when I pulled the Momo back out, the adapter came out with it and now it's stuck.
try this,

turn your car to on, pull your shifter into "N" then put the momo back on, and then push on the MOMO button then push down on the momo at the same time and make it fit, then screw it into place, then let go of the button and see if you can push it back into "P" and have it stay there without being too loose.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've already forced the button down but that only moves the black adapter down just enough to allow the button to press down. The whole thing doesn't make sense because the rod in the shifter pole thing is being blocked by the adapter.

I followed the instructions exactly:

Now the black adapter is stuck inside the Momo.

·
Premium Member
14,209 Posts
i wouldnt follow directions that looked like that... lmfao im kidding man sorry. id say get some needle nose, or a screwdriver and get that thing out and try to start from square one. it will come back out. just gotta work at it a little. never dealt with a shifter but ive had to use needle nose to get screws out of random places you wouldnt believe...

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, I spent hours researching this. Maybe I was supposed to cut the end of the adapter so it's a tube rather than a cup? That way, the thin rod can reach the button on the top of the Momo?

Changed the auto shifter - G35Driver

Fuck, I guess it's easy for you guys who didn't even use the black adapter, but I just followed the instructions to a T, and now I'm fucked. I can't get the black adapter out...I've tried a screwdriver, pliers, etc. Nothing can get a grip on it. The damn instructions forgot mention to CUT the closed end of the adapter. Worst instructions ever.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Man, I spent hours researching this. Maybe I was supposed to cut the end of the adapter so it's a tube rather than a cup? That way, the thin rod can reach the button on the top of the Momo?

Changed the auto shifter - G35Driver

Fuck, I guess it's easy for you guys who didn't even use the black adapter, but I just followed the instructions to a T, and now I'm fucked. I can't get the black adapter out...I've tried a screwdriver, pliers, etc. Nothing can get a grip on it. The damn instructions forgot mention to CUT the closed end of the adapter. Worst instructions ever.
Oh shit haha, i forgot the MOMO adapter was a CUP, when I did mine I cut it, because I had a dojo before and it was a tube. and I just used the install knowledge from my dojo to the momo. but now I'm back to stock cause i hated the momo, and my dojo broke from abuse. LOL

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
stick an x-acto knife or sumn in the inside and just a cut a whole in it while its inside the momo shifter. then stick it on.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I talked to Momo USA about this and they were puzzled the instructions were only for manual and not automatic. They agreed that the instructions should add a step for automatic users to cut a hole or cut the closed end of the adaptors.

The people over at AutoPartsDealer.com are complete dicks and to make a long story short, I can't return this (I tried to return before I even took the adapter out of the bag). So I'm gonna be selling this Momo Automatica automatic shift knob. I'll be creating a FS thread later this week when I have more time.

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,223 Posts
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm c u should of followed the J-rod instruction guide... damn factory instructions... ok have you tried one of these?
id recommend a set so this kind of stuff can be solved... if it still acts up then add heat!!!!!! to the end of the tool then it will simply melt right into the inset then allowing you to remove it...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts