Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello . Ive had issues since i changed the battery but it was fine beflore that. I changed battery the first time alafrm started blairing so unhooked it. Removed the horn fuse and reconnected it then disarmed the alarm with the door key left right left trick. When i tried starting it it turned over but wouldnt fire. Checked fuses and left it for a week. This time it was dead again. Tottally drained. Went and got another one and this one was the correct size which was news to m,e. I connected the new battery and same thing. Just turns over. I did take some starting fluid and sprayed it up in the air intake and when i turned the key got a quick fire up so its a gas problem right?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,786 Posts
If it was immobilizer, bad crank/cam sensor, or similar, it shouldn't spark either. That supports the bad pump theory, but a wrong MAF value for example could potentially also cause improper fueling, so it's not a guarantee.

At your fuel pump, the white wire with a black stripe (paired at the top of the plug with a black wire of the same size, then smaller wires below) is the power wire to the pump. When it's running on starter fluid, you could check to see if it's getting power. Alternatively, you could undo the fuel line at the rail, run it into a bucket, and have someone crank, (checking for fuel). If there's no fuel when cranking, and there IS power, it's a bad pump. If there's no power, you've got to work your way back to why the pump isn't getting power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the great advise. I never got a notification that someone replied. I will do exactly what you talked about and go from there.
Is it be possible that something needs to be reset or that the alarm is keeping it from firing up? I had to do the key in the door sequence to disarm the alarm after installing the battery. Before I did this it was totally dead accept for lights flashing from alarm. After the key thing it was turning over strong. Battery tested over 12v but wont fire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I just had the same issue try running the car for codes if you get p0513 most likely your key is bad. Previous owner for my vehicle used a bypass and I had to get a locksmith out to reprogram the keys. Beyond that your looking at possibly the immobilizer itself being at fault

1 - 6 of 6 Posts