Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Eclipse is down and I've got a replacement ECU for it, but ECUFlash is not working with my new Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable. Is there anyone in Southern California (Inland Empire) that has an MMCFlash dongle I can rent/borrow for a day so I can flash my old ECU contents to the replacement? I'm supposed to drive this car up to Oregon this coming weekend and I can't see doing that with the car running at 50% throttle and max 3000 RPMs (limitation of the limp mode for accelerator pedal readings inconsistent).

I've got an email into hackish to see about getting the content swapped, but I'm afraid he won't contact me in time.

I'm willing to pay for the option. I tried to buy one, but they are out of stock until January 2020. I could get one from Russia, but that won't be here in time.

Hopefully you will also have the Mitsubishi add on package 2 for it since I've got a 2007 Eclipse GT MT.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
-Michael.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got ECUFlash to write to the car, but it doesn't transfer over the VIN. Now I've got cranks but no start. Doesn't have the SES light lit, though.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to cancel my trip north after all.:(

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah the vin is directly correlated to the ECU qnd the immobilizer. So if one of them doesnt match up then it wont start but it will crank. I transferred EVERYTHING when I did my swap to the V6 and then after the manual swap and both times I needed to transfer everything, ecu, immobilizer, ignition etc. When Hackish transferred the vin in order to get the account on fastworks assigned to my car only, it actually changed the vin from the new ecu to the vin on the chasis and I got a crank no start. He easily and quickly resolved this by giving me an immobilizer delete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts