Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of an automatic transmission shift cable (mr567425). Mine broke in the middle and cannot be repaired, and Mitsubishi discontinued the part. There isn't a single dealer in the country that has one available, and I have been calling junkyards and repair shops and looking online for a week with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find this part or if there is an aftermarket part/other manufacturer part that will work? It seems insane that I will have to junk this car over a relatively cheap cable when everything else is in perfectly fine condition, and it's not even 10 years old!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@TheSlow4g I wish that was the case, but the dealer tried to order that exact one (gave me hope for 2 days) before it turned out it's not actually available. Thank you though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Sabertooth^2 I'll try that website! Looks similar to the other one with a disclaimer that parts may not be available, but fingers crossed!

I'm unsure about length but every mechanic at every Mitsubishi dealership and the 30 others I called said a generic one won't work.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,949 Posts
A generic one may not work right away. But I'm sure it can be modified to work. Ends can be changed. Basically everything can be changed. It's down to the skill of the person doing it, and it's definitely not a skill a dealership would possess or if they had a mechanic who could, they certainly wouldn't allow it

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
64 Posts
@Sabertooth^2 I'll try that website! Looks similar to the other one with a disclaimer that parts may not be available, but fingers crossed!

I'm unsure about length but every mechanic at every Mitsubishi dealership and the 30 others I called said a generic one won't work.
Good Luck! Hope that website helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
check your local junkyard for it, if it's still needed I have a few local to me id be willing to pull for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts