Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

New 4G69 Build kits (pistons, rods, bearings, studs)

5K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Sabertooth^2 
#1 ·
Perfect for a turbo build, the kits are available once again. This new kit is very similar to my old kit, however it reflects the price changes in the last 4 months, and now includes ARP head and main studs. These are all parts I have personally tested and abused. I have my motor happily revving to 7800rpm on this setup on 21psi of boost currently with a stock head. The beauty of the 8.2:1 compression is that you can run pump gas, and with the profile of the 4G69 cams being what they are, boost comes on FAST (the OEM cams respond amazing to boost)

Included are:

-ARP Head studs

-ARP Main studs

-Brian Crower rods with ARP2000+ fasteners (ARP 625 also available)

-Wiseco pistons, in your choice of 87mm (drop in) or 87.5mm bore. ~8.2:1 compression

-Wiseco piston ring sets

-ACL racing series tri layer main bearings

-ACL racing series tri layer rod bearings

-ACL thrust washers

Price is $1450USD paid over PayPal, and includes shipping in the continental United States. For those elsewhere, PM me for pricing.

Adjustments can also be made to the kit to suit your needs as well.

See less See more
#7 ·
I can.

But demand is low once people see it'll be close to $1800. Most guys seem to ignore that there's 50% more cylinders, and have expected the GT and GS kits to cost the same.

I'm working on an alternative method that won't require full production runs each time, but I need to prototype it first, which is expensive and fully funded by me personally (similar to what I did 4G69 wise). Funds from sales of stuff such as turbos, engine kits, blow off valves, wastegates, etc are all going to funding my 6G75 project currently, but it's slow going the last year.

#10 ·
@Sabertooth^2

Are you still making these kits for the 4G69? What is the cost and turn around on ordering? If you're not building them, are you willing to share exactly what you ordered? I see your list of parts on the thread, but I want to make sure I get exactly what is needed. I've never built up a motor and a simple detail that I get wrong could possibly ruin this lol.

I'm running a 2005 Ralliart but it seems like these cars both have the 4G69.

Thanks, brother.

#11 ·
Some stuff has changed since 2020, price as well. But here's the current kit. Price is in CAD. There's also tuning software available for you so you don't need to go standalone ECU

#15 ·
Sure do. 3 years of hyper-inflation did raise the parts prices however.

#25 ·