Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 eclipse gt and i was gassing it the other night and the engine light and asc both came on at the same time. Went home at reguler speed. Took it to auto zone the next day and got this saying that the coil in cylinder 2 was bad and it wasn't so naturally i changed the spark plug in the second cylinder but now its saying that theres something wrong and the car is acting up. No rough ride it just wont pull as hard as it did before i changed the sparkplug. Can anyone point me in a direction before I just try and ship it to a mechanic Brown Font Material property Thumb Paper
Brown Font Material property Thumb Paper
Brown Font Material property Thumb Paper

·
Registered
,2007 MITSUBISHI eclipse spyder GT
4 Posts
I have 2011 eclipse gt and i was gassing it the other night and the engine light and asc both came on at the same time. Went home at reguler speed. Took it to auto zone the next day and got this saying that the coil in cylinder 2 was bad and it wasn't so naturally i changed the spark plug in the second cylinder but now its saying that theres something wrong and the car is acting up. No rough ride it just wont pull as hard as it did before i changed the sparkplug. Can anyone point me in a direction before I just try and ship it to a mechanic View attachment 103295 View attachment 103295 View attachment 103295
that is a great picture.I dont know much but have had one of everything at one time or another.im always gonna change all plugs ,iridium. but before that i would get $ 20 autel obd reader. take ignition coil off cylinder 2, put ignition coil from #1on #2. then put 2 on 1, after code is cleared start vehicle and if it starts but gives same code same cylinder its not coil but if it now misfires @#1 chances are it is. plus check all. i hadnt planned on changing ingcoils either but size and weight and feel when i did my plugs compared to new ones was astonishing. i found good prices @carparts.com i get in a day or two. and hit the summit or jcwhitney clearence and i always find something cheap and pro. FYI home depot has carparts and they give me vet discount,pricematch up to 30 days. walmart and amazon also. and lots of used part apps,clean your throttle body and egr, iha a little filter in my egr line clogging it up. checked changed vacum lines that had rips, clean MAF. personally I dont think it deserves it. everything by your left hand. every part in this wonderful car affects the same stuff it seems and youll spend a fourtune chasing.fixes i would do that stuff anytime i get a vehicle, fluids,oil plugs, these guys say timing belt super important i bit the bullet and am doing that w waterpump this week. the manual will tell you everything for testing parts with adecent multimeter, ru near dallas ,these guys have all the knowledgr needed in a million awesome posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,039 Posts
So you have a cylinder 2 misfire. That'll cause a loss in power. If you want to test the components first, like Reppir said, you can swap the coil or plug to another cylinder to see if it moves. If it does, you've narrowed down why it's misfiring. Beyond that are a mountain of other possibilities, but it's still best to test the coilpack first. What was your testing procedure to see if the coil was bad anyway? Just because you get enough current to fire a spark in air doesn't mean it's strong enough

Beyond that, a bad wheel speed sensor can set off traction control and limit power. If it has the same power when TC is off, that's not related though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts