Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on the forums for a little while never posted though. Thought might as well introduce myself and my 4g and a project car currently working on. Well both are technically project cars

This is my 2009 eclipse GS
not much in the way of mods but more are on their way.
1: cat-back magnaflow exhaust
2: injen Cai
3:Kyb Struts
4: tein S-tech Springs
5: currently swapping wheels from those heavy chrome ones that came with the car and swapping them with 17x7.5in liquid metal shadows.
6: throttle bypass mod
and can't post pic url's till 5 posts is well..a nuisance

Have 2 cars im managing atm. my 4g and a 944 some guy tried drifting and wadded her up by hitting the open tail-gate of a truck. Not entirely sure which direction i wanna go with the 4g. either an NA build or a small turbo i.e t4/gt25. Mainly wanted a quick street car (200-250hp) the 944 im turning into a track car.

Attachments

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,058 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Should just stay NA on the Eclipse, turbo is a huge job to run such low power.

Also it would probably be more worthwhile to buy proper coilovers rather than springs and struts. Stock height struts aren't meant to be left compressed like lowering springs make them, so they wear quicker, and get hotter with more cavitation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha on the na build. Thought long and hard on those coilovers. I had put coilovers on a previous car an mr2. Set of Megan's for 1200$ bucks. And was like I really didn't use their functionality. Only the damping and ride height once and left it. So didn't see much reason to drop that much for something I didn"t use that much

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep timing belt has been changed. Also the trannys been serviced. And I just changed the oil in it as well. That pic was right after I finished the. Springs and did the service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts