Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car broke a belt and shut off, won’t crank back and drivers window won’t roll up but passenger will. It turns over but won’t crank, low compression, no spark. It’s not timing belt...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had all these codes when I had it checked out about a year ago. Just gave up on it because I’m ignorant but getting back into it now.I can rewrite the codes if anyone is having issues reading it on this old paper.

·
2,137 Posts
I’m seeing a B1731 immediately sticking out to me, an immobilizer enabled code because of faulty key, immobilizing the car?

what scan tool did you pull all these with?Good lord is this a fricking list! My car was in a wreck and didn’t have this many codes even when the airbag and seatbelt blew!

I use a Autel DiagLink DIY (MD808 all system); only code I’m stuck with now is a P0455 Evap leak, I got all my other codes fixed in all other modules system wide, so I’m your guy for code help

if I may add, have you ever tried to clear all these codes and just see what comes back? Some of them could be old historical codes from things that broke and were fixed before but were never properly cleared, especially common if your car was prepared before you, now that you’ve got them all written down, you could go ahead and clear them all and see what comes back immediately, what comes back after a drive cycle, what comes back after many drive cycles or seems to be intermittent only, and weed out problems that way

we also need to know from which module each of these codes is coming from, each code is from a certain specific module in the CAN BUS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Low compression is something you want to make sure you fix before it will run. Which belt broke? If you're saying it's not the timing belt, then did the balancer or accessory belt break? Also, I'm not sure but the driver and passenger might be on different circuits. I had a fuse blown that shut off the whole right sidelights of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m seeing a B1731 immediately sticking out to me, an immobilizer enabled code because of faulty key, immobilizing the car?

what scan tool did you pull all these with?Good lord is this a fricking list! My car was in a wreck and didn’t have this many codes even when the airbag and seatbelt blew!

I use a Autel DiagLink DIY (MD808 all system); only code I’m stuck with now is a P0455 Evap leak, I got all my other codes fixed in all other modules system wide, so I’m your guy for code help

if I may add, have you ever tried to clear all these codes and just see what comes back? Some of them could be old historical codes from things that broke and were fixed before but were never properly cleared, especially common if your car was prepared before you, now that you’ve got them all written down, you could go ahead and clear them all and see what comes back immediately, what comes back after a drive cycle, what comes back after many drive cycles or seems to be intermittent only, and weed out problems that way

we also need to know from which

we also need to know from which module each of these codes is coming from, each code is from a certain specific module in the CAN BUS
sorry about the late reply. I haven’t used these type of forums before and didn’t really expect it to get seen anyway. I’m not sure ehat machine it was. We just had a guy come down and scan it for us. My key is definitely screwed up a bit and I’m not sure if he cleared the codes before writing these down. Is there some sort of immobilizer that I can turn off if it somehow switched on when the belt broke? Like a “turn the key 3 times and say cucumber” type thing or what am I lookin at here? If you have a personal way to reach you this is definitely a code issue it seems and no1 where I live (middle of southern nowhere) knows anything about a Mitsubishi. We only know hondas around here lol so any help is greatly appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts