Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loving my used but nice 2007 Eclipse GT. Decided to go farther into the Eclipse after owning a 2002 Eclipse GT with manual trans, which was a lot of fun and very quick off the line. Now my 2007 is automatic, so not quite as quick off the line but has much better styling now.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,959 Posts
Welcome to the club.

If your 2007 auto GT isn't as fast off the line as your 2002 manual, something is wrong.

When launching an auto, press your left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas, and load up the torque converter. Then release the brake and apply more gas. If you're doing that and it's still slow, you may have issues on the car. Also do it with TC off, as the TC is very invasive.

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, Thanks for that, hope I don't launch myself into the ditch.
Welcome to the club.

If your 2007 auto GT isn't as fast off the line as your 2002 manual, something is wrong.

When launching an auto, press your left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas, and load up the torque converter. Then release the brake and apply more gas. If you're doing that and it's still slow, you may have issues on the car. Also do it with TC off, as the TC is very invasive.
Interesting, Thanks for that. I'll have to practice on a lonely road so I don't launch myself into the ditch.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,959 Posts
It's front drive, so it'll resist turning more than turn, and also it'll get grip in the front end again as soon as you lift off the pedal.

It's nothing like a rear drive car, it physically can't spin around during a burnout if you give it too much gas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts