Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i had totally gutted my 08 eclipse spyder made a custom dash getting rid of that god awful pad, carpet etc... i recently put the new custom dash back in as you know only really one thing connects to the actual dash which it the pin for the gage cluster other than that everything feeds through. i decided before putting the rest of the custom pieces back in i would hook up the battery and just test start it. now the car is prestine 50,000 miles. new battery just went ahead and replaced alternator while i was doing some other maintence, plugs all new pulled top half engine off last year redid gaskets were good... now the catch. it will crank and sounds healthy just never fires. i have volt meter all fuses. now if i turn on the turn signal or flashers they are working fine but i noticed they are not lighting up in gage cluster like they normally do also the top wont go up and the driver window wont go up or down but the quarter one dose. now i just replaced the entire lock assembly bc the actuator was bad thats what made me decide to just go ahead and tear it completely down and convid of course so why not dump time and $$$$$ into your summer toys... i havent put a code reader on it yet as it was running perfect before thats my next but im baffled at this point as i said ive owned every gen of these a few things i have saw have mentioned possiably the theft system... ive never read an owners manual from front to back before lol.... i think at this point im just to close to see it so some non aggervated advice would be much appreciated lol...... as i'm not gonna wanna start fittin the new leathers on till ive solved this issue considering my luck ill install and need take something back out and snag them.... thanks in advance for any help and sorry to join and just be like blah......☺ i promise i will share some fun stuff to....

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,054 Posts
Welcome to the club. I wish I had an easy answer for your problem, but all I can come up with is the insulting suggestion that you may have missed some plugs when putting your new dash in.

That said, I've got a fairly stripped out 4G as well, but stock dash. Got any pictures for inspiration?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts