Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i got my eclipse gt a few months ago, but im about 2 months from getting my license and im not sure im really a huge fan of the 4th gen eclipse, i get that its cool for a first car, but i dont know if its exactly my style, i was a bit hasty to get a sporty first car and didnt bother looking on any websites so i might not have the eclipse for long. also im in connecticut so keep an eye out for me whether im selling it or keeping it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, a bit of a stupid question, but would a front brace for an evo fit in an eclipse? i hadnt seen it discussed at all and idk why but i like how you can see the brace through the grille so just wondering.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,770 Posts
Welcome to the club.

This is not a shared platform with the Lancer, no. Structural parts for a lancer won't work. It's also not a good first mod to remove your crash structure and replace it with a tube nose (assuming you mean the aftermarket braces, not the factory lancer crash bar which would also be a bad idea and not fit) for racing and aftermarket radiators.

Bang for your buck, I don't think you'll beat an Eclipse as a first car. Super reliable, friendly to work on, parts are fairly cheap. It's like the Crown Vic of sports cars.

My biggest complaints about them are being FWD (as I track my eclipses and add silly power) and the ride height. Ride height is easily fixable at least. Here's how your car would look with a 2.5" drop, attainable with just springs

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the club.

This is not a shared platform with the Lancer, no. Structural parts for a lancer won't work. It's also not a good first mod to remove your crash structure and replace it with a tube nose (assuming you mean the aftermarket braces, not the factory lancer crash bar which would also be a bad idea and not fit) for racing and aftermarket radiators.

Bang for your buck, I don't think you'll beat an Eclipse as a first car. Super reliable, friendly to work on, parts are fairly cheap. It's like the Crown Vic of sports cars.

My biggest complaints about them are being FWD (as I track my eclipses and add silly power) and the ride height. Ride height is easily fixable at least. Here's how your car would look with a 2.5" drop, attainable with just springs

View attachment 104047
thanks, i was thinking of just going straight to the d2 coilovers, im thinking either 2.5 or maybe 3.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,770 Posts
If you've got D2 budget, go BC. And snag the extreme low option while you're at it for that sort of drop. Just be aware, lower than about 2.5" the rear suspension becomes tough to align, as you're at the limits of the OEM adjustment around there (could be sooner or a little later depending on if anything is bent back there).

I'm at about 3.5 on my GT, and my toe adjustment is maxed out at the front. I can't say for rear end as I don't have a factory rear end on the car.

My GS is 2.5" drop rear and just about maxed out. 2.6" front and it's fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts