Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,786 Posts
Welcome to the club.

This is not a shared platform with the Lancer, no. Structural parts for a lancer won't work. It's also not a good first mod to remove your crash structure and replace it with a tube nose (assuming you mean the aftermarket braces, not the factory lancer crash bar which would also be a bad idea and not fit) for racing and aftermarket radiators.

Bang for your buck, I don't think you'll beat an Eclipse as a first car. Super reliable, friendly to work on, parts are fairly cheap. It's like the Crown Vic of sports cars.

My biggest complaints about them are being FWD (as I track my eclipses and add silly power) and the ride height. Ride height is easily fixable at least. Here's how your car would look with a 2.5" drop, attainable with just springs

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,786 Posts
If you've got D2 budget, go BC. And snag the extreme low option while you're at it for that sort of drop. Just be aware, lower than about 2.5" the rear suspension becomes tough to align, as you're at the limits of the OEM adjustment around there (could be sooner or a little later depending on if anything is bent back there).

I'm at about 3.5 on my GT, and my toe adjustment is maxed out at the front. I can't say for rear end as I don't have a factory rear end on the car.

My GS is 2.5" drop rear and just about maxed out. 2.6" front and it's fine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts